Micro Ritewing Drak - RC Groups
Dec 30, 2017, 03:19 AM
Discussion

Micro Ritewing Drak

Hey all.

I was playing around on CAD last night, and came up with this little guy! It has a 600mm WS, and runs of a 1306 red bottom motor with a small 3S battery. 25A plush speedie was the smallest I had...

Took about 2 hours to make, and was a easy build. maiden in 28kph winds was a breeze (sorry!) and it handles the wind really well.

AUW minus battery is 104g, with the motor putting out 235g of thrust.

It is fast, incredibly stable and rolls are axial.

Latest version of plans below:

Enjoy!

Scratch built mini drak (2 min 4 sec)
Last edited by JabiruAbe; May 13, 2018 at 03:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2017, 08:46 PM
Looks nice! AUW or weight without battery? Also, my computer is struggling to view the plans. Could you post a version without it split into multiple pages?
Dec 31, 2017, 06:24 PM
Id be interested in scaling this up.

somethigns wrong with the plans, pages 1-8 are blank, then theres more blank pages later on.

non tiled plans would allow scaling
Dec 31, 2017, 08:58 PM
I haven't weighed it yet, but with out battery it would be around 145g. I will toss it on the scales later today.

Yes sorry about the plans, I was experimenting with a new template from localfeind, I have some changes to make to the plans and then I will tidy them up and get a full page version for you guys.

Abe
Dec 31, 2017, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound
Id be interested in scaling this up.

somethigns wrong with the plans, pages 1-8 are blank, then theres more blank pages later on.

non tiled plans would allow scaling
Yeah, scaling up is a good idea especially for me who can hardly see beyond 50ft even with my glasses on.
Jan 01, 2018, 01:27 PM
Foam is my friend!!!
what construction technique did you use for the wings? very nice build! any video??
Jan 01, 2018, 02:59 PM
Thanks NewZee, the wings are KMF2 airfoil and its basically one hunk of foam glued on another! I don't have any video yet, we are shearing today so I may be a few days in the coming.

Does anyone know a tutorial for making plans out of turbo or doublecad drawings? I have the files if anyone is skilled in that!
Jan 01, 2018, 03:10 PM
Foam is my friend!!!
Well you've inspired me to do one as well, the build log is here!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ini-Drak-32-WS
Jan 01, 2018, 07:44 PM
Will be watching your thread with interest Zee, do you plan on using it for FPV?
Jan 01, 2018, 09:08 PM
Foam is my friend!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabiruAbe
Will be watching your thread with interest Zee, do you plan on using it for FPV?
There's a good chance I'll FPV it, if it flies good, I'm trying to build it with lots of "wiggle room" for gear and CG adjustments! Glad you'll be following!
Jan 01, 2018, 09:11 PM
Foam is my friend!!!
Quote:
Thanks NewZee, the wings are KMF2 airfoil and its basically one hunk of foam glued on another! I don't have any video yet, we are shearing today so I may be a few days in the coming.

Does anyone know a tutorial for making plans out of turbo or doublecad drawings? I have the files if anyone is skilled in that!
That's the same way I built my "VAS Banshee" also 32"
Jan 01, 2018, 11:45 PM
So I see you are no stranger to cloning this genre of craft-I like it! How does your Banshee fly?

I am planning to build a large drak soon, with a 5000mah 3S and motor out of my Parkzone Extra. I have a APM gps unit, so should be set for some long range fpv missions.
Jan 01, 2018, 11:51 PM
Updated the plans to a non tiled version that prints on one page but you all can blow it up to what ever size you like!
Jan 02, 2018, 07:41 AM
Foam is my friend!!!
Quote:
Updated the plans to a non tiled version that prints on one page but you all can blow it up to what ever size you like!
Link?
Jan 02, 2018, 07:44 AM
Foam is my friend!!!
Quote:
So I see you are no stranger to cloning this genre of craft-I like it! How does your Banshee fly?

I am planning to build a large drak soon, with a 5000mah 3S and motor out of my Parkzone Extra. I have a APM gps unit, so should be set for some long range fpv missions.
I call my version the "Voo-Doo" here's a vid of the maiden flight!
Voo Doo Maiden (7 min 15 sec)

Lots more vids of my flying antics including more scratchbuilds! on my youtube channel "Wshurmatz1"

Quick Reply