ESC booting then resetting when adding throttle - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 29, 2017, 05:39 PM
Help!

ESC booting then resetting when adding throttle

I recently swapped ESCs from some dead ones to a new set on my Reptile quad, but I'm having a problem where all the ESC boot up fine, but when I give it some throttle the motor stutters and then the ESC reboots. Does anyone know how to fix this?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2017, 07:46 PM
Usual cause of this is a bad battery or bad battery connection. The voltage is probably sagging when you add throttle which will cause resets.
Dec 30, 2017, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the forum

As mentioned in post #2, poor connections or a bad battery can cause this.

Are the new ESCs the same make and model as the dead ones (and how did the previous ones become dead)? With modern flight controllers there's often an option to specify what kind of output goes to the ESCs -- PWM, Oneshot, Dshot are the ones I can think of -- and some ESCs won't work correctly if they're not designed for whatever protocol is set.

Quick Reply