V tail/ elevon question - RC Groups
Dec 29, 2017, 02:53 PM
Discussion

V tail/ elevon question

Hello aviators :-)

First off I'm not actually a flyer but I need you guys help please!

I've made a 3d vector nozzle for a water jet pump powered rc boat. I've successfully set my tx (dx6i) to wing tail mode but for some reason my rudder and elevator channels are crossed. So basically rudder is on my up and down and elevator is on my left and right!

Swapping the servo leads doesn't seem to work, what is the method here please? I'm sure it's going to be ridiculously simple...

I've attached a picture incase you're mildly interested :-)

Cheers, Dunk
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2017, 04:41 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
You might have to switch the plugs AND reverse both the elevator and aileron channels in the transmitter. Or else just reverse the channels. Or some combination.

I tried making a flowchart once for this very problem, but I confused myself and went back to trial and error.
Latest blog entry: My feet smell funny
Dec 29, 2017, 06:37 PM
Thank you very much, it was just a case of reversing the rudder servo.

Once I had done that they were on the right stick, but reversed throws so I just swapped the heads around and hey presto she works!

I would never have guessed that so many thanks! :-)

Happy New year, Dunk

Quick Reply