Dec 29, 2017, 02:14 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Shipping charges

Hi Foxtech,

This is not a rant or a complaint. I am just sharing information.

You have some good products, and some really good sales going on right now (last week of 2017). I found several frames that were fantastically priced and added them to my cart. I thought they were excellent deals and headed for checkout. Then I added the shipping. For a lightweight package, the shipping doubled the cost of everything, even using the least expensive method.

This cost seemed unreasonable, so I decided not to buy, and deleted everything in my shopping cart. That was the end of it and I figured nothing further needed to be done. It is your business model and I really have no say in that. However, the only way to get something to change is to share information, so I decided to write this. Again, not a complaint or a rant. Take this or ignore this, however you want.

Psychologically, most people think that shipping costs should be a small portion of the overall item's cost, not equal or greater that the actual item's cost. This might be incorrect in global shipping, but it is my mindset and a lot of other people's mindsets. People take this to an extreme; they may see an item for $25 + $5 shipping and think it is unreasonable, but then see the same item somewhere else for $30 with free shipping and think "What a deal!" I hope I am not that extreme in my thinking, but if an item costs $13 and shipping costs >$13, it hits a kill switch in my head. The overall cost may still be good, but that mindset has kicked in.

Please consider modifying how you charge shipping costs. While you have free shipping for >$200 and <2 kg, this combination is difficult to attain based on the items I have checked on your website, but maybe I have just not checked the right things.

Thank you
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply