This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 29, 2017, 01:47 PM
Thread OP
Video

Eflite UMX P-51D BL Mustang Maiden Flight - 2017 Cali Christmas Vacation Plane

Happy Holidays! While staying over at my parent’s house in Cali during my Christmas Vacation, I received a wonderful Christmas present – the Eflite UMX P-51D BL Mustang. This is a perfect go-to UMX plane to keep at my parent’s place while vacationing so that I could have something to fly at their local grass park whenever I visit them. I had also brought my trusty Spektrum DX6 (now my secondary transmitter) on my trip to Cali, just in case flying RC during my vacation became an option. Here is the Maiden Flight of my new Eflite UMX P-51D BL Mustang.

Eflite UMX P-51D BL Mustang Maiden Flight - 2017 Cali Christmas Vacation Plane (2 min 57 sec)

I had challenged my Mom to record this on my iPhone 6. Please keep in mind that she does not know anything about RC and has never seen me fly an RC aircraft in person before, so recording this very small plane was very difficult for her (I actually had to edit out a good portion of the footage as at one point she had lost sight of the plane completely, lol). Overall, I think she did a wonderful job! And the Mustang (as most Mustangs do) flew beautifully and predictably out of the box with no surprises.. just a sweetheart of a plane, perfect for vacations. All recorded and edited during my Christmas Vacation with my iPhone 6, using the app Videoshop.

MODIFICATIONS:

1) Clear Tape Protective Film on Leading Edges of Main Wing, Nose Undercarriage, and Intake Undercarriage

TRANSMITTER, RECEIVER, & SETUP:

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Rates Used: 100%-Aileron / 0% Expo, 100%-Elevator / 3% Expo, 100%-Rudder, 0% Expo
Battery: E flite 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C LiPo
Throttle Timer: 5 Minutes

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Camera: iPhone 6 at 1080P / 60 FPS
Video Editor: Videoshop for iPhone
Cameraman: Mom

Thanks for watching!
Last edited by Blaze0021; Dec 29, 2017 at 02:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2018, 08:33 PM
Nice! Will you be flying on 3s? What type of clear tape did you use?

Quick Reply