Dec 27, 2019, 05:12 PM
Thread OP
Sorry for missing the posts here. The exact setup I use and parameters are part of my company offering (the Elanus Duo). It has many upgrades to enable commercial use, but I do use T-Motor 4012-475kv motors powered from a 6s LiPo. They are tight, and require a 3D printed mount that I've developed. It's not easy, but I think it's the most reliable for climb performance and endurance.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2020, 05:18 AM

Believer running gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by naterater
Sorry for missing the posts here. The exact setup I use and parameters are part of my company offering (the Elanus Duo). It has many upgrades to enable commercial use, but I do use T-Motor 4012-475kv motors powered from a 6s LiPo. They are tight, and require a 3D printed mount that I've developed. It's not easy, but I think it's the most reliable for climb performance and endurance.
I appreciate your research regarding the believer, great read.

Can you please inform me what the final configuration you selected for long flight time was:
- Motors
- Prop (length and pitch)
- ?S & capacity

Thank you very much
May 11, 2020, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdro
Got a few 4012's in. They'll fit, barely. Now I just need to figure out how to mount them with no space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This may be of your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andresiko
I am pretty sure Nathan did talk about this, and in one of his photos the motors were clearly mounted with an extension, but cannot find that in either this thread or in the benchmark one... anyway, you can see the photos of my mounts here are just the original cross mount with the round corners trimmed, and 4 steel tubes to elongate the mount just a little, in order to allow the heads of the bolts have enough space. I dont remember the exact distance, but you can make an idea with the photo.
Also you can mount the motors if you have not glued the balsa into the wing yet, but I do not recommend it.
May 19, 2020, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andresiko
This may be of your help
Hi Andresiko,

Thank you for providing me with the info regarding the motor setup. Can I ask what flight times you are getting using these motors, what prop and what payload you are carrying?

Once again thank you for providing the links above.
Jul 06, 2020, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Got a few 4012's in. They'll fit, barely. Now I just need to figure out how to mount them with no space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, did you figure out a way to mount your motors in the believer?
Jul 06, 2020, 11:43 PM
Maker of lawn darts.
Yep, I actually hit up @naterater, and purchased a few mounts from him. Tight fit, but they're well designed.
Jul 09, 2020, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Yep, I actually hit up @naterater, and purchased a few mounts from him. Tight fit, but they're well designed.
Cool. unfortunately I can not get a hold of him. Tried DM here but no response. If I may, how much did they cost?

and Contact button on his website does not seem to work.
Last edited by sunny52266; Jul 09, 2020 at 07:23 AM.
Jul 13, 2020, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDrone
Hi Andresiko,

Thank you for providing me with the info regarding the motor setup. Can I ask what flight times you are getting using these motors, what prop and what payload you are carrying?

Once again thank you for providing the links above.
sorry for the delay =S
Prop 12x12, payload a sony a7RII, battery an old tatoo 6S 16000Mah. About flight times, never went more than 2 hours, never needed. Usually all the flights are around 40-60min, cannot even guess the max flight time, but more than needed.
Oct 04, 2020, 07:52 PM
Is there a reasonably priced camera that I can use for FPV with optical zoom/tilt/pan?

Is it possible to use a digital camera with optical zoom and feed it VTX and be controlled by the Transmitter? (IR?)

Thank you in advance.
Jake
Oct 05, 2020, 12:37 AM
Wrong thread for your question.
Oct 05, 2020, 09:16 AM
Sorry, I could not find any other forums/threads of where I can ask for help.
Oct 30, 2020, 03:07 AM
Hi Naterater,

I came across your testing done one these FPV planes really interesting
I was actually searching for similar data for a long time just out of interest and do my own calculations.
Do you mind sharing the raw data for these tests if you still have them?

Thanks heaps in advance.
May 13, 2021, 08:53 AM

KDE3520-400 on 7s Li-ion with APC 12x12??

I'm thinking about going for the KDE3520-400 on 7S Li-ion with APC 12x12 props instead of the KDE3510-475 with 6S Li-ion.

AUW would be around 6.5 kg I guess; trying to extend flight time as much as possible

Any thoughts, comments or concerns?
Aug 15, 2021, 03:05 PM
Here is the cut down KDE3510XF-475 mounts i used on my Believer.
Oct 18, 2021, 03:13 PM
Are there any new twin engine planes on the market since this thread was started?

Quick Reply