This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 28, 2017, 06:24 PM
Mini-HowTo

Bush League Modz (2) Balance lead

I think I mentioned I picked up some Bargains before Christmas ( The last of them came today ) ..
One of those bargains was a WL Toys A303 Buggy .. ( We are talking bargain )

Anyhow , the battery does appear to be a 2s 3.3v per cell ( Life ? ) ..
Well , there is no balance lead .. And checking after installing said balance lead , yeah ! There is a need for it ...

A) I unwrapped the battery just enough to expose the contacts ..
B) With your Multi Meter find the contact for the back or front of the batteries where they are joined for series .. On the MM this will show the individual voltage of each cell
C) Once you find the contact for the middle wire , solder in your balance lead
D) Make sure your solder joints are good
E) Re wrap the battery

I really like balance charging ( really I do ) . Not doing so can lead to all sorts of possible issues ..

Its not hard ! Positive and negative contacts are already a given .. Simply solder your Balance lead wires to these contacts ...
What is just a fraction challenging is finding a contact point for the series connection . ( Thats why you own a Multi Meter ? - Right ? )
So there you have it , another bush league mod !

2s Balance lead :

A lot of these have a black wire in the middle and a yellow wire on the outside ...
Just remember the middle wire goes to where the battery pack is connected in series ( no mater its color ) and the outside wires go to positive and negative where your power lead is connected . ( At least they use Red for the positive wire )
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply