Fatshark 101 Combo Starter Kit - RC Groups

Fatshark 101 Combo Starter Kit

The 101 kit includes a pair of goggles, batteries, a transmitter, and the Shark drone. It's geared towards new pilots that want to get a solid start in the quad flying hobby without breaking the bank.

The Fatshark 101 Combo Starter Kit

A Beginner Combo From One of the Biggest Names in the Industry

Coming from the biggest name in FPV goggles on the planet, Fatshark has just announced a beginner-friendly drone kit that comes ready to fly for under $250. The 101 kit includes a Shark drone with USB chargeable batteries, a transmitter, and Recon goggles. There isn't much info on the specs of the Shark drone, so chances are it's a somewhat tame machine, designed to teach new and budding quad pilots all about flying under the hood. Additionally, a complimentary copy of Drone Racing League's Simulator is included to help learn the basics before you fly.

The 101 Kit Includes:

• Shark Quad
  • Recon FPV goggles + headstrap and antenna
  • Fat Shark Radio
  • Two batteries + USB charger
  • Two spare motors + four spare propellers
  • Quick start guide
  • Two gates + gate holders
  • Lens cloth
  • Radio USB cable

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Fatshark 101 Combo Starter Kit.

Introducing the Fat Shark 101 (1 min 16 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 28, 2017 at 10:35 AM..
Dec 28, 2017, 11:46 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Shark is too thin.
Latest blog entry: My feet smell funny
Dec 30, 2017, 01:00 PM
liquid_courage
Wow fatshark really crapped the bed on this one........a brushed quad with no adjustable fpv cam angle at this price point???? And from one of the biggest names in fpv no less. And then to try and sell it as a rig to learn fpv on lol, more like a lesson in how to waste money.
Dec 30, 2017, 01:01 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcourage
Wow fatshark really crapped the bed on this one........a brushed quad with no adjustable fpv cam angle at this price point???? And from one of the biggest names in fpv no less. And then to try and sell it as a rig to learn fpv on lol, more like a lesson in how to waste money.
careful of what you say, there are "a lot" of fans of FS here.
You may get a warning for that
Dec 30, 2017, 01:13 PM
liquid_courage
There's not one violation of site rules in that post but if reporting it would make someone with sensitive emotional issues day just a little better they are highly encouraged to do so
Dec 30, 2017, 07:28 PM
The promotional video was really really bad. I mean come on "little lady" learn to fly your FPV quad out on the dock and then come race with the "big boys". Who are they targeting in this video. Just makes no sense to me. Maybe the main character as a young boy and then joining in with some adults and teens for some racing action. The video really turned me off on this.
Dec 30, 2017, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch
The promotional video was really really bad. I mean come on "little lady" learn to fly your FPV quad out on the dock and then come race with the "big boys". Who are they targeting in this video. Just makes no sense to me. Maybe the main character as a young boy and then joining in with some adults and teens for some racing action. The video really turned me off on this.
Dont make fun of "skinnyShark"....
He is new, give him a break
(You guys are begging for violations)
Dec 30, 2017, 07:39 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
(You guys are begging for violations)
FatShark is dumb, their product is stupid, and I hope they go out of business.

Eagerly awaiting my violations
Latest blog entry: My feet smell funny
Dec 30, 2017, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
FatShark is dumb, their product is stupid, and I hope they go out of business.

Eagerly awaiting my violations
....you got balls maaan!

I love "NO-progress" in products.
...ie...
i still use my DOMv2 because its the best goggle ever,
i dont want FAtShark to change a thing.....
LOL
Last edited by rclab1; Dec 30, 2017 at 07:53 PM.
Dec 31, 2017, 02:22 AM
Valiant Poultry
I know I'm in the minority, but I like it.

I don't have any FatShark stuff, but for some reason I really like the look of the drone itself. I know it's silly, but I just like it.

My only FPV experience with goggles is with the Tactic goggles that the monitor can go in or be on its own, and it's got pretty poor resolution, so I imagine this FatShark set of goggles is probably superior.

I feel that the price is quite steep, though.
Dec 31, 2017, 02:45 PM
Have y'all seen the Eachine bundle tiny whoop-style bushed quad, goggles, and tx for $65-80? Best beginner package. Expect more at that price point from Fatshark, no less.
Dec 31, 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brquad
Have y'all seen the Eachine bundle tiny whoop-style bushed quad, goggles, and tx for $65-80? Best beginner package. Expect more at that price point from Fatshark, no less.
Eachine doesn't have fan-boys with it, so hence the price is less
Jan 01, 2018, 03:27 AM
DFS#000178
$250 for a toy-grade quad.

Nice.
Jan 01, 2018, 12:34 PM
Wow.. that is some entry into the game. What were they thinking?
Jan 03, 2018, 12:01 PM
What's wrong with you guys? Fatshark has the right idea!

Everyone needs to exit their RCGroups bubble and realize 95% of the market has no idea what any of this stuff is. They need major handholding and something that is quite tame to start flying. What did you think the beginner was going to need? OSD? Maybe Smart audio and some soldering pads?
Brushless power with some DSHOT escs???

Hahah. No they don't need any innovation: they need stable and tame angle mode.

Just like your first quad, this one will die quickly. It would die a lot quicker with brushless 2s power, etc....

I thought the commercial was decent. I mean, there's no secret race going on in an awesome waterfront warehouse and no hot girls are interested in flying drones with you. Sorry
However, the point of the commercial is to create a fantasy where you do all of that.

Quick Reply