Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 27, 2018, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
2S wont have enough power. 3S minimum, flies nice on 1800 - 2200 3S.

I'm on a 2200 3S 4S will give it stunningly good power
Excellent.

Do you think it's easy enough to fly in attitude?

Or it's not the best idea for a newbie like me ?
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2018, 09:15 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
bank 1 - attitude is dead easy, auto levelling and limited bank angles, super easy to fly.

bank 2 ratitude, attitude mode auto level around mid stick then transistions to rate mode no limits on bank angle as you crank it around. very agile but still autoleveling around mid stick - nice to fly but you can get into trouble with high bank angles and sliding out of the sky.........
does flips and rolls no sweat

bank 3 rate mode - no banking limits , no autolevel = experienced fliers only VERY AGILE

what radio are you using ?
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jun 16, 2018 at 02:01 AM.
May 27, 2018, 09:24 PM
My radio is turnigy evolution.

So attitude is easy enough, even without an altitude hold mode with a barometer?

I know cc3d come without baro, I did think I could swap it to a better cc3d revo (arducopter firmware is almost supported, and it's a good plus).

Anyway, my final goal is to build and to learn how to fly a rock solid quad/exa with good/excellent video skills.

I know this 300hex is not that one, but I have to learn a lot yet.
May 27, 2018, 09:38 PM
attitude is just 6G fully stabilised flight mode, auto level, limited banking.

you can add an external barometer to the CC3D, there are some youtube vids on this

it's a nice flying hex that's for sure and a good entry point for FPV, it's not a DJI................... it is a fun flier though
May 30, 2018, 01:29 AM
man this flies great, first flips today in ratitude mode, easy as, nice sharp snap through... excellent.
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jun 12, 2018 at 09:44 AM.
Jun 12, 2018, 06:26 AM
Dal 5045 bullnose props work great, allot more bite than stock and better flight times so a win all round.
Jun 12, 2018, 09:28 AM
Landing is not optional
Mine is still sitting in the box since I THOUGHT it was a true PNP. Once I realized there is more to it, the procrastination set in. I am a plane guy and know nothing about programming flight controllers so I am dreading it now.
Jun 12, 2018, 09:43 AM
Pretty easy to do...... The flight experince is worth it, flies awesome. What tx you using ?
Jun 12, 2018, 11:27 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
pretty easy to do...... The flight experince is worth it, flies awesome. What tx you using ?
dx6
Jun 15, 2018, 01:51 AM
you need to down load open pilot 15.02.02 software to a PC

get that running and plug in the flight control via USB to your PC and download the flight mode, don't worry about it say 15.02.01 might not be compatible - it is.

fit the receiver to the hex and bind your DX 6 to the receiver you intend to use

set up a plane model (ACRO) in the DX6 that you intend to use

use the openpilot Tx calibration section to calibrate the openpilot FC to the DX6.

you will need a three way switch to get all 3 flight modes not sure if the DX6 has a three way switch ??

lots of online video on using openpilot and tx calibration etc.

not much harder than setting up a plane from scratch - main thing is to get the open pilot RX and the DX6 talking and all the stick movements in the correct direction etc.

you only need to calibrate the three way switch in the calibration section, you can skip all the other switch calibrations that follow.

if you cant find OP 15.02.02 PM me and send me an email address and I'll send you copy.

good luck
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jun 15, 2018 at 03:10 PM.
Jun 15, 2018, 09:52 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
you need to down load open pilot 15.02.02 software to a PC

get that running and plug in the flight control via USB to your PC and download the flight mode, don't worry about it say 15.02.01 might not be compatible - it is.

fit the receiver to the hex and bind your DX 6 to the receiver you intend to use

set up a plane model (ACRO) in the DX6 that you intend to use

use the openpilot Tx calibration section to calibrate the openpilot FC to the DX6.

you will need a three way switch to get all 3 flight modes nit sure if the DX6 has a three way switch ??

lots of online video on using openpilot and tx calibration etc.

not much harder than setting up a plane from scratch - main thing is to get the iopen pilot RX and the DX6 talking and all the stick movement sin the correct direction etc.

you only need to calibrate the three way switch in the calibration section, you can skip all the other switch calibrations that follow.

if you cant find OP 15.02.02 PM me and send me an email address and I'll send you copy.

good luck
Thanks for all the help!
Jun 30, 2018, 10:24 PM
Kiwi_Craig, I’m curious if you’ve ever tried to load Betaflight to the KK Hex 300? I’ve tried a couple of times, unsuccessful, then found this group, and by what I’m reading, this should fly fine with LibrePilot?!
Jun 30, 2018, 11:31 PM
sorry no.

I'm happy to leave it on OpenPilot 15.02.02, works perfect, flies great.

Yes it should work on librepilot but cant see what the big advantage would be ??? and librepilotd - cc3d compatibility ?
Jul 01, 2018, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Santos
This hex is said to be PNP. Any comments? Also, anybody care to share their set up.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kingkong...black-red.html

Thanks.
That is precisely what it is, as I've never seen this hex in a bind and fly model. I bought a FrSky receiver and installed that, done!

Haven't figured out how to flash betaflight to the cc3d board, but I will eventually!
Jul 01, 2018, 05:46 PM
I wouldn’t think there is an advantage, as they are basically the same interface. I just assumed that’s what was flashed on this CC3D board. I’ll have to try an open this on OpenPilot and see what sticks.

Quick Reply