Kingkong hex 300 - RC Groups
Dec 27, 2017, 04:40 AM
Discussion

Kingkong hex 300

This hex is said to be PNP. Any comments? Also, anybody care to share their set up.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kingkong...black-red.html

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2017, 12:26 PM
To be honest; it's cheap, but also an outdated model.

A few points I see;
Flightcontroller: CC3D is old and not supported anymore in recent BetaFlight versions.
Frame: glassfiber (not carbon) wich breaks easily, and the whole baseplate is a PDB...
ESC's: old BLheli (non-S) models

So if it's your first drone, I won't recommend it.
But if it's an expansion of your fleet, maybe it's a fun thing to fly
Dec 27, 2017, 12:41 PM
60 bucks PNP.... CC3D can still do the job. Is it still possible to download Openpilot? Or Librepilot?

I have three Spedix MR’s with CC3D on Openpilot, and they fly great.

The main issue really is the baseplate. Break it and you’re screwed.. Still, great price...
Dec 27, 2017, 08:24 PM
I've searched and downloaded Libre pilot. Looking for someone who have success in fine tuning the cc3d included in this hex. Been searching youtube and have no success so far

thanks.
Feb 06, 2018, 08:51 AM
Mr Santos, have you had any success with getting your Hex300 up and flying? I just purchased one, and can not get the motors to arm if it is not connected to OpenPilot. Thanks
Apr 26, 2018, 04:45 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
http://drone-nexus.com/openpilot-dow...-for-cc3d-gcs/
May 18, 2018, 06:32 PM
even though it is setup with 15.02.01, my 15.02.02 GCS opened it just fine and ran the Tx calibration etc just fine, wrote back files etc.

test hovers now, seems okay.
May 19, 2018, 03:06 PM
Finally got her up in the air, flies really nicely using all the stock settings.

Pumped three 2200 3S batts through it, anyone tried one on 4S ?

Now to get the fpv up and running !
Last edited by kiwi_craig; May 20, 2018 at 12:41 AM.
May 20, 2018, 03:44 AM
Fpv works
May 21, 2018, 01:45 PM
Seems the stock props are nothing great, high power draw and low thrust compared to other prop brands

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6040-prop-data

Looking like a set of 5045 BN gemfans might be the go !
Last edited by kiwi_craig; May 22, 2018 at 01:57 PM.
May 23, 2018, 07:19 PM

Prop Swap

based on the low thrust & high power draw of the stock KK props I swapped in a set of DAL 5045 BN (bull nose) props.

only negative is the props are thicker through the mounting section resulting in less total threaded available to hold the prop nuts on. seems okay though and have Loctite'd the prop nuts with low strength Loctite as a precaution.

the DAL blades are noticeably wider through there chord width and thicker in cross section. overall a significantly more "chunky" prop

I used a combo of green and orange props, these are allot more visible when spinning than the stock red KK props which are basically not visible at all.

Hover testing showed the hex to be hovering nicely with at least 10% less power setting compared to the stock props and was more responsive when the throttle is blipped

outdoor test flying this weekend but expect performance gains all round (more thrust at max power, longer flight times and more responsive)
May 27, 2018, 12:30 AM
man this flies great, bank 2 flight mode - ratitude is plan brilliant, very agile but still self levels.

nice smooth fast agile, I'm sold ! fun machine.

had a goe in bank three - straight rate mode, yeah it's VERY agile !
May 27, 2018, 04:30 PM
Hi!

I bought one hex300 some months ago.

Finally I decided to try to bind it with my Turnigy Evolution and it worked with sbus (it was not easy...).

I pulled in a 4S lipo.

but I never flied a multi, so I'm a bit afraid to try.

Would you recommend I better to start with a mini/micro/indoor to get used prior to destroy me or others ;-) ?

EDIT: I am not an RC guy at the time, so I have like zero experience.
May 27, 2018, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
man this flies great, bank 2 flight mode - ratitude is plan brilliant, very agile but still self levels.

nice smooth fast agile, I'm sold ! fun machine.

had a goe in bank three - straight rate mode, yeah it's VERY agile !

Good to know!

I think I'll go with a 2S and attitude.

I'll save the 4S for when I know how to fly.

Which 2S LiPo I should pick?
Any suggestion?

I think this one could be a good choice:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...ack-xt-60.html
Last edited by iperv; May 27, 2018 at 05:02 PM.
May 27, 2018, 06:32 PM
2S wont have enough power. 3S minimum, flies nice on 1800 - 2200 3S.

I'm on a 2200 3S 4S will give it stunningly good power

Quick Reply