Jan 21, 2018, 09:32 PM
Rick, I liked your covering scheme and review on the Arrowmaster in Model Airplane News.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by imodel
While I've never tried using Windex, I've heard that it only work with MonoKote. My favorite way of doing multi-color trim schemes is to use MonoKote for the base color as it requires higher heat. For the trim colors I use UltraCote as it uses a lower heat and doesn't affect the MonoKote. Using UltraCote makes it easy to get a bubble free finish. This is my Alien Aircraft ArrowMaster and Goldberg Skylark 56 MK II that both used this technique. With the exception of the stars and bars on the Skylark, both models are entirely film covered - no paint.

R
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2018, 09:38 PM
Thanks Jim. Wait until you see the next project. While the scheme isn’t complicated, it will be colorful.

R
Jan 23, 2018, 12:32 PM
I just want to go fly!
im about to dive into my camo covering. ill use the windex method and keep you posted. thanks everyone. walt
Jan 23, 2018, 01:29 PM
What plane is that Walter? Love the shark teeth!
Jan 23, 2018, 02:08 PM
I just want to go fly!
sig hog bipe.
Jan 26, 2018, 02:58 PM
Rick,

I'm looking at using Ultracote to cover the bottom of a my Slow Poke wing and Monokote to cover the top; have you had any trouble with Monokote failing to adhere to Ultracote?

I just covered a Kadet Senior with dope and Koverall so iron-on covering will feel like heaven!
Thanks,
andrew
Jan 26, 2018, 03:43 PM
Andrew , you shouldn’t have any issues. Good luck with your project!

R
Jan 26, 2018, 04:32 PM
Much thanks!

Quick Reply