Voltage too high for std servos with LiFe? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 26, 2017, 11:16 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Question

Voltage too high for std servos with LiFe?

Hi, I will soon be using different D-series servos in my models, just as soon as the local hobby store gets my order in, they will be D-625's and D-89MW's which according to the Hitec site are all 7.4V-capable. I'm planning on getting a 6-cell NiMh pack to use with these but again I'm waiting on the supplier to get some sent over.

In the meantime, I've got 6V servos like 5485's and 5245's, and there are some LiFe 6.6V batteries in stock locally I could pick up. My question is, is the 6.6V of the LiFe battery going to hurt those servos? I've never used LiFe but if they're like other rechargeables, the 6.6V figure is basically nominal and after charging the voltage across the terminals will be significantly higher. So I'm not sure if it's really safe to use with these servos I've already got, I still plan to use them after the D's arrive so I don't want to burn them out or damage them when I'm just using them temporarily.

Thanks
BW
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2017, 12:48 PM
All of our servos with a 6.0v rating will handle a 2s 6.6V LiFe battery without issue.
Dec 27, 2017, 12:58 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Awesome, thanks for that. That simplifies things a lot.

Quick Reply