This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 26, 2017, 10:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Did I mention I was bored !

I got me a solar PowerBank some time ago and I always meant to pull it apart to see what made it go tick tock .

It does have issues :

a) Solar panel does not recharge
b) Parasitic drain

Anyhow , I pulled the SPB apart today ( 34deg C outside ) , and then used my MM to see what sort of Voltage and current the solar panel produced . To be fair it was weak . 3.237 volts and some 67mAh .. Sorry to say that is not enough to recharge a lipo .. If there is a dedicated charge circuit in the PB then it would soak up that power before any made it to the battery .

The parasitic drain would seem to be due to a LED Light that is always on ? ( For what reason ? )
Anyhow , I had a look on Feebay to see how much these panels cost and @ $1.75 Ozzi Bananas for a 5v 1W ( Claimed ) power output , I will actually see if :
a) The panel can live up to said claims
b) Actually make this PB work as a solar powerbank .

So I guess there will be a second part to this post when the solar panel gets here ...

Its hot , its windy .. ( Thats Australia @ Xmas )
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply