Nov 20, 2004, 06:55 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Aeronca C3 Collegian at 50" span

I'm planning on running a build thread on this model which will have the Ripmax Lightspeed 400 (borrowed from the Cessna ) with a couple of cylinders stuck to it's motor tube

I'm also planning on covering it with the "doculam" courtesy of our Tom Jacoby. Let's see what a mess I make of it

The plans will be for anybody here and be posted bit by bit in this thread from now on.....if this is all alright with our, now even more celebrated Moderator, for this Forum?

Here is the thread where its at so far...with a URL of the 3V used

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&page=1&pp=15

Now, I'll be a little while getting going and charging up my digi batteries

Ade
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2004, 05:45 AM
Thread OP

Started!

OK! I've built the fuselage basic sides and modded the drawing accordingly. (pics later..)

Here is a pic of the first plan on an A1 sheet area. I can't post the zipped .dxf here because it is just a little too big for attachment at 155kb, but it would be easy to Email to anyone if they PM me.

The basic fus can be built up, and even the tail feathers from this plan. Methods for the last will be the same as described in my Piper/Cessna/luscombe threads.

I haven't worked out the U/C yet but it will slip in fine when I do, on to F3.

Any interactive playtime (like alternative power installations) is welcome...in fact any response will be!

This will be my Christmas prezzy to those of the forum who feel they deserve nothing worse

Ade
Nov 27, 2004, 11:29 AM
Single-task at best...
Ade,

Build away mate!

tim (Is it done yet, mister?)
Mar 05, 2005, 01:30 PM
Any update on this thread. Thanks for all the great info. Know if only I could sit down at a computer long enough to try and design my own.

Thanks

Chad
Mar 06, 2005, 03:01 AM
Thread OP

Pre-building crash

Sorry to say that I lost all my drawings for this one moments after I started this thread I had built just the two fuselage sides!)

I have re-imported the three view and will have another go one day. Project temporarily snuffed!

Ade

Quick Reply