Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper RC rocket glider - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 26, 2017, 05:29 PM
Discussion

Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper RC rocket glider

Another scratch build I've been thinking about for a long time came to fruition over christmas. I got three very nice flights today on the Viper. Just need a fine tweak of down trim for boost, and a slight bit more up trim for glide than my initial settings. Given the small wing area and 11 oz glide weight, It flew much better than I was expecting, not a long glide, but very nice none-the-less and had plenty of pitch control down to flare on landing, very nice! Here are the three flights in order starting with the maiden flight.

I used model plan foam for the wings, lightweight 2.6" tubing and an angle cut plastic nose cone, 29" long, 23.5" wingspan and 12 oz rtf weight. After the video was taken I painted the oversized wing flat black to leave just the scale wing outline. I'm waiting to get the motor wraps to finish the motor detailing.

RC Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Rocket Glider (3 min 11 sec)

Frank
Last edited by burkefj; Jan 01, 2018 at 07:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply