Very, very nice!

Walter
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 05:03 PM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
Hi Andy,

you are right, this kit looks promising.
But the reviews are very bad - the quality seems to be very low.
Many people were interested (Forum thread in German) in this kit, also sold as "Injora" and by Banggood without brand name, but read the first review here (German):
https://www.rockcrawler.de/thread/41...21#post1192021
The buyer has even sent the kit back, main critics: axles (no center bearing), shocks leaking, ...

Walter
Thanks for the info Walter. A member of the "FTX Outback, HSP Rock Crawler, RGT Rock Cruiser, ECX Barrage Owners" FB group has just receievd the Austar branded one so I've asked for his observations. It might be that the incorrect bearing sizes were fitted to the one reviewed on the German thread
Andy
Aug 21, 2019, 12:53 AM
@Phoenix239 very shine look and really gj! ;-)
I like it a lot. Especially the color and interior ...
Aug 21, 2019, 01:58 AM
Donaldsneffe and mech1; thank you very much for your comments, much appreciated. Now, I'll have to get to work on the MN D90.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:04 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain
It might be that the incorrect bearing sizes were fitted to the one reviewed on the German thread
Andy
Hi Andy,
no incorrect bearing sizes.
The German reviewer stated, that the axle shafts are only seated in one single bearing outside of each (front) axle. There is no bearing left and right of the center gear...?
So the shaft is only held in place by the center gear in center position.

... anyway, since I do not have this kit, I cannot give any personal statement.
Curious on the insights of the guy of your FB group.

Walter
Aug 22, 2019, 07:17 AM
Do any1 by any chance have photo of WPL C14 together with ECX Barrage/RGT Adventurer for size comparison please?
I have ECX Barrage 1:24 for living room expeditions. I'm using it as FPV truck around my flat as well. It's nice small little truck which fits under furniture :-)

Unfortunately it's really fast and there isn't good way how to slow it down more. So I thought I will swap it for WPL C14 highly modified (metal servo, HobbyWing 1060, metal exles, metal housing, links, weight to wheels, reduction, gearbox).
The only problem is the size. I'm afraid C14 will be bigger and higher.
Aug 22, 2019, 09:45 AM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech1
[B] ECX Barrage 1:24] for living room expeditions. I'm using it as FPV truck around my flat as well. It's nice small little truck which fits under furniture :-)
Unfortunately it's really fast and there isn't good way how to slow it down more. .
You must have the Gen 1 model. There is a mod to lower the gearing that ShenRC explains here
RGT ADVENTURER ECX BARRAGE FTX OUTBACK PINION GEAR MOD (7 min 37 sec)

I have the Carisma MSA-1A 1/24 Suburu Brat and it's amazing for it's size. It also has an adjustable motor mount so different size pinions could be tried. It has a socket on the esc/rx unit to power a micro AIO FPV camera
Carisma Scale Adventure MSA-1E Subaru Brat.Trooper's Hill evening run (4 min 44 sec)

Andy
Aug 23, 2019, 07:35 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech1
Do any1 by any chance have photo of WPL C14 together with ECX Barrage/RGT Adventurer for size comparison please?
Hi,
no - but between the MN-90 D90 and the URUAV 1/24 Defender (should be same size as Adventurer) - if this helps:

Walter
Aug 24, 2019, 07:04 AM
Reap the wild wind
Here's my Suburu Brat, which is 1/24th scale and has the same wheel base as the Outback Mini, compared to my C14. Hope this helps
Andy
Aug 26, 2019, 01:41 AM
ty all for help! Appreciate it :-)
Finally a made my own of C24 which is longer, but wheelbase and height should be the same as C14. Unfortunately there is significant size difference. I will probably test my Hilux first at home during winter.

Quick Reply