DTF Vought XF5U "Flying Flapjack" - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jan 03, 2018, 05:45 PM
Just started playing with landing gear in Fusion360. I plan to make it easily 3D printable and lightweight. Tires will be done in flexible TPU filament.

The actual landing gear was telescopic. Don't think I can do that at this scale easily. Of course, super tall gear won't be needed if you don't have 17" props, so the gear should fit in the body normally.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2018, 06:23 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by localfiend
Just started playing with landing gear in Fusion360. I plan to make it easily 3D printable and lightweight. Tires will be done in flexible TPU filament.

The actual landing gear was telescopic. Don't think I can do that at this scale easily. Of course, super tall gear won't be needed if you don't have 17" props, so the gear should fit in the body normally.
Looking sweet!

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Jan 05, 2018, 09:54 PM
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 08, 2018, 10:54 AM
Jer. 29:11
@localfiend, fantastic build. Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
Jan 08, 2018, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsch
@localfiend, fantastic build. Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
No problem, and thanks!
Jan 10, 2018, 11:12 AM
Prefectionist
How does the current iteration's landing gear attach?
Jan 10, 2018, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd
How does the current iteration's landing gear attach?
I used the two feet looking things in the bottom left of this image. Links to those 3D printable parts are in the bottom of the first post of this thread.

Just went quick and dirty, wanted something that was easy to change out depending on the weather as it kept changing from dry to rain to snow.

If you go that route, you can make the base out of just about anything. I'd recommend tying the two wires together either with some string, or another lighter piece of wire.
Jan 11, 2018, 01:37 PM
Ken Stuhr

Hi SPONZ

Pls check your PMs
Jan 12, 2018, 07:33 AM
Love it. Fantastic work! Congratulacions.
Today, 01:19 PM
First off, extremely impressive! I caught wind of your project on the 3D printed plane thread and had to check it out. I’ve been working on-and-off on a built-up balsa XF5U for some time and really appreciate what you’ve done here. Adding retracts will definitely be the finishing touch

BTW I have to really give you credit on that first flight - flying off of snow with an all-white plane on a cloudy day - that took some big ones. Talk about an eye test

I haven’t tried building with FB yet but this looks like the time to start - thanks!

Rob

Quick Reply