New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:34 PM
jimbailey is offline
Find More Posts by jimbailey
Registered User

Bob Martin SR7 & Bob Martin Talon (Slope)


I'm looking for a new un-assembled Bob Martin SR7, and would like to know if anyone has any experience with the Bob Martin Talon. I've got a Coyote from Bob Martin that I'm getting ready to put together, but want an SR7 also. I can get a good deal on a Bob Martin Talon, but don't know anything about them, any help on this, or an SR7 for sale ???

Thanks


Jim
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:38 PM
surfimp is offline
Find More Posts by surfimp
Piscine Promulgator
surfimp's Avatar
The SR7s come up for sale on eBay from time to time, but I'm assuming you've already looked there. They tend to get a pretty penny, too, which is pretty justified IMHO as the plane is a great flyer. Good luck in your search!

Steve
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:46 PM
jimbailey is offline
Find More Posts by jimbailey
Registered User
[QUOTE=surfimp]The SR7s come up for sale on eBay from time to time, but I'm assuming you've already looked there. They tend to get a pretty penny, too, which is pretty justified IMHO as the plane is a great flyer. Good luck in your search!


Yeah I've checked there for awhile. Well if you happen across one somewhere, and you think of it, Please let me know, sure would appreciate it.

Jim
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:16 AM
droydx is offline
Find More Posts by droydx
Fun ain't cheap!
droydx's Avatar
They're out there Jim. One just sold on the RCSE today and I bought a Freedom Xcell kit from the same guy. Keep looking and have some bucks ready when they appear. Happy Hunting!
droydx
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:34 AM
jimbailey is offline
Find More Posts by jimbailey
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by droydx
They're out there Jim. One just sold on the RCSE today and I bought a Freedom Xcell kit from the same guy. Keep looking and have some bucks ready when they appear. Happy Hunting!
droydx
I'm new to this discussion group stuff, and hate to say, but what and where is the RCSE?

You can email me at jimbailey@earthlink.net

Thanks,

Jim
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:01 PM
nwoods is offline
Find More Posts by nwoods
Retired Slope Racer
nwoods's Avatar
RCSE isn't a place to go, it comes to you. It's a pure email based text format only newsgroup.

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:03 PM
nwoods is offline
Find More Posts by nwoods
Retired Slope Racer
nwoods's Avatar
Mostly TD guys, but it's very popular, with a readership well over 1,000 pilots from around the world, with it's own unquie beloved and beleagured personalities, just like here.

NW
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
Brian Courtice is offline
Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Free as a bird now.
Brian Courtice's Avatar
Ed Berris is about to release kits for the Mini SR-7.

The Mini SR-7 looks exactly like the SR-7 of old except it is scaled down to smaller (48"?) span. It also has a faster, more modern rg-14 airfoil.

The Mini SR-7 has all the looks of the classic plane, with all the performance of a modern PSS slope rocket. I plan to build one myself soon.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:50 PM
jimbailey is offline
Find More Posts by jimbailey
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Courtice
Ed Berris is about to release kits for the Mini SR-7.

The Mini SR-7 looks exactly like the SR-7 of old except it is scaled down to smaller (48"?) span. It also has a faster, more modern rg-14 airfoil.

The Mini SR-7 has all the looks of the classic plane, with all the performance of a modern PSS slope rocket. I plan to build one myself soon.
Thanks for your response, where can I see some pics of the new scaled down version?

Jim
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:52 PM
e-sailpilot86 is offline
Find More Posts by e-sailpilot86
Registered User
e-sailpilot86's Avatar
Are they still made? I've flown an SR-7 once, it was a few months after I'd just learned to fly... I was struck by it's stability and quick roll rate, a friendly clubmate let me fly his plane, btw it was also a real windy day! About 40mph. If it isn't made now, it needs a new airfoil, and a composite overhaul. They're such nice planes... it's a shame if they're gone...
Old Nov 20, 2004, 01:03 PM
jimbailey is offline
Find More Posts by jimbailey
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Courtice
Ed Berris is about to release kits for the Mini SR-7.

The Mini SR-7 looks exactly like the SR-7 of old except it is scaled down to smaller (48"?) span. It also has a faster, more modern rg-14 airfoil.

The Mini SR-7 has all the looks of the classic plane, with all the performance of a modern PSS slope rocket. I plan to build one myself soon.

Jim here again, do you know where I can find some info. and/or pics of the new Mini SR-7?

Thanks again,


Jim
Old Nov 20, 2004, 03:58 PM
terry.cx is offline
Find More Posts by terry.cx
Registered User
terry.cx's Avatar
I've got all three. The SR-7 was the first and it flies great. The Coyoyte was next. After bagging the wings, I decieded to make it two piece. I used brass tubes in the wings with balsa filler and epoxy. While the epoxy was still wet I slid the wings together with vasoline on the wing rod and waxed paper between the wings. After it cured I pulled the wing halves apart and they were perfectly aligned. For the fin and stab, I cut two pieces of 1/8 brass tube and threaded them for nylon bolts. I cut two slots in the fin and epoxied the brass tubes in place. I drilled holes in the stab under the tubes. Then I drilled two holes up from the bottom of the fuse. Now I can lay the stab on the fuse and bolt the fin on over it with the nylon bolts. The result is the whole plane fits back inside the box it came in. The first time I flew it was at Los Banos in a 30mph wind, it really rocked. Since then I've found it can fly in much smaller winds. If I were to build a new wing, I'd make it thinner and put in two wing servos for spoilerons. The Talon is a cool little plane. It flies great, it's easy to carry around, and it's cheap. While most say to fiberglass the fuse, I haven't found it necessary. You can't go wrong with any of these planes.

Terry
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:07 PM
jimbailey is offline
Find More Posts by jimbailey
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.cx
I've got all three. The SR-7 was the first and it flies great. The Coyoyte was next. After bagging the wings, I decieded to make it two piece. I used brass tubes in the wings with balsa filler and epoxy. While the epoxy was still wet I slid the wings together with vasoline on the wing rod and waxed paper between the wings. After it cured I pulled the wing halves apart and they were perfectly aligned. For the fin and stab, I cut two pieces of 1/8 brass tube and threaded them for nylon bolts. I cut two slots in the fin and epoxied the brass tubes in place. I drilled holes in the stab under the tubes. Then I drilled two holes up from the bottom of the fuse. Now I can lay the stab on the fuse and bolt the fin on over it with the nylon bolts. The result is the whole plane fits back inside the box it came in. The first time I flew it was at Los Banos in a 30mph wind, it really rocked. Since then I've found it can fly in much smaller winds. If I were to build a new wing, I'd make it thinner and put in two wing servos for spoilerons. The Talon is a cool little plane. It flies great, it's easy to carry around, and it's cheap. While most say to fiberglass the fuse, I haven't found it necessary. You can't go wrong with any of these planes.

Terry
Hey Terry, Thanks,

I've got the Coyote now, but want the SR7. I've also got a "Fly by Night Models" Shadow. The Shadow is a High-Performance Slope Glider, and was
a big hit in Long Beach on Ocean Ave. during the 80s.

Thanks again for the tips, and your response, appreciate it.


Jim
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:21 PM
GuyPilot is offline
Find More Posts by GuyPilot
Registered User

New SR7 for sale w/ 2 wings


I have a New Bob Martin SR7 for sale

email me ar GuyPilot@charter.net if interested in buying


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - A Full Size set of Bob Martin SR7 Build Plans jimbailey Slope 11 Dec 17, 2004 08:55 PM
Looking for a Bob Martin SR7 Sloper jimbailey Slope 7 Nov 28, 2004 08:56 PM
WTB Bob Martin Coyote or SR7's Padow Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 30, 2003 10:32 PM
FS Bob Martin SR7 lrsudog Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Aug 15, 2002 12:17 AM
For Sale: NIB Bob Martin Talon aileron sailplane Aeronut Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Feb 01, 2002 04:31 PM