This thread is privately moderated by blade strike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 24, 2017, 04:23 PM
Thread OP
New Product

DJI Battery Station (tb50)

Just received the the DJI battery Station. This is an early production model but should represent final product and UI. First thing that you will notice is the size. I even thought the posted specs were wrong but they are not. It’s a really compact unit and feels lighter than I was expecting.

Once opened you will notice it holds 12 ( 6pairs) of tb50, 2 wb37 and a wb charger. I do wish it held another pair or two but I do still see people having a battery case or two. I know this will only replace one battery crate for me and will still use the 2nd.

Once powered on you select your mode, either charge or discharge. Under charge you have fast, quiet and normal. Under discharge you have the option of 50% or 25%. When discharging from 100% down to 25, it takes approximately 1hr 23mins and discharging down to storage from full is about 53mins. While charging in normal mode from 25% will take approximately 1hr 9min and 60mins from 50% to 100%. In fast mode I was able to get 2pairs at 25% to 90% in less the 25mins.

While charging or discharging you see the current percentage, voltage, charge current and temperature. You can then drill down to on each battery and see cycles, health status, serial number, firmware version and individual cell voltage. The menu systems is really straight forward and easy to navigate. During charging or discharging the system is on the load side but this is to be expected on a system this small and powerful. It is nice that they offered a quiet mode for slower night time charging.

Overall the battery station is everything I was wanting for and then some, not to mention the ability to update 8 packs at a time. This is definitely a great addition to anyone’s i2 setup!

If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Dimensions 484 mm ◊ 226.5 mm ◊ 406 mm

Net Weight 7.7 kg

Max Internal Load 12 kg

Compatible Stored Items TB50 Intelligent Battery ◊ 12, WB37 4920mAh -7.6V Intelligent Battery ◊ 2,
WCH2 Charging Hub ◊ 1 AC Power Cable ◊ 1

Input 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz

Output Battery Port: 26.1 V max., 6.75 A max. ◊ 8 Remote Controller Port: 26.1 V max., 4 A max. ◊ 2 USB Port: 5 V, 2 A ◊ 2

Operating Temperature 41į to 104į F (5į to 40į C)
Last edited by blade strike; Dec 24, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2018, 09:07 PM
Pleasanton Ca
Very cool!
Gotta have one.
The cash is begging to transfer from wallet to DJI.
Jan 15, 2018, 09:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DED Reckoner
Very cool!
Gotta have one.
The cash is begging to transfer from wallet to DJI.
This is one of the best products DJI has made. They need to make one for all their pro or prosumer models
Jan 19, 2018, 06:52 AM
Pleasanton Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
This is one of the best products DJI has made. They need to make one for all their pro or prosumer models
DJI customer service says they have no idea or even an estimate when the battery station will be available to purchase. Not even a ďcoming soon.Ē
Jan 19, 2018, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
Let me see what I can find out..
Jan 19, 2018, 09:47 AM
Pleasanton Ca
Quote:
Let me see what I can find out..
Thanks
Jan 24, 2018, 06:52 PM
Hey Bladestrike-

Any news on when they'll finally ship?

Jan 30, 2018, 10:32 PM
Thread OP
I was told mid February.
Feb 01, 2018, 12:53 AM
Pleasanton Ca
Quote:
I was told mid February.
Thank you.
Apr 07, 2018, 08:54 AM
Pleasanton Ca
Quote:
I was told mid February.
Wish I was optimistic that this will come soon. :-(
Apr 07, 2018, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Tbh I’m not either ... every date I’ve been given has been broken ... at this point it’s tbd I guess. I do apologize but I’m only as good as the information that I’m given

Crazy thing is , it just works and is pretty amazing.
Apr 16, 2018, 10:29 PM
Pleasanton Ca
Quote:
Tbh Iím not either ... every date Iíve been given has been broken ... at this point itís tbd I guess. I do apologize but Iím only as good as the information that Iím given

Crazy thing is , it just works and is pretty amazing.
Received it today. I agree, itís freaking amazing.
Apr 17, 2018, 01:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DED Reckoner
Received it today. I agree, itís freaking amazing.
Awesome

Quick Reply