Hey Hitec, Will you ever change the screen like Spektrum iX-12? - RC Groups
Dec 23, 2017, 07:22 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Discussion

Hey Hitec, Will you ever change the screen like Spektrum iX-12?

im coming back into the hobby, been out of it when 2.4ghz Hitec came out and i absolutely love Hitec and I don't think I would ever change but the new Spektrum iX-12 is extremely cool with the bluetooth, wifi, sd card, auto wifi updates and i know you guys have touch screen but having the apps is pretty freaking cool like having a phone on your plane as the display.

have you guys thought of it? Id buy one in a heartbeat if something like that is in the works but that being said im still going to be flying 72mhz lol and its going to be a Hitec.

Thought about making the purchase for the Hitec 9x for the upgrade and eventually getting into drone racing but im in no hurry but would love to see Hitec.

Already pretty sad I have to have a Windows computer to connect the HPP22 since if it works with Mac I couldn't find it to update firmware or save programs

just a thought, it would be very cool to have with Hitec running it.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2017, 07:16 AM
whatever they make I hope will be compatible with all of their 2.4 receivers.
Dec 24, 2017, 08:16 PM
Hitec is ceasing all development of any new transmitters. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Dec 26, 2017, 05:48 PM
Hey hitec,

You should port OpenTx to your A9X hardware. All I ever see at my local field is frsky radios, or crap hobbyking radios running OpenTx. Being able to put the most popular software onto good hardware might spark the interest of some new users.
Dec 27, 2017, 12:47 PM
All new transmitter development has been ceased for the time being. OpenTx will not be a part of our transmitter lineup.
Dec 27, 2017, 03:21 PM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
All new transmitter development has been ceased for the time being.
Wow. So sorry to hear about this. Will you continue to manufacture/support the A9 and A9X, or is the product line being abandoned?

Mark
Dec 27, 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzltyr
Wow. So sorry to hear about this. Will you continue to manufacture/support the A9 and A9X, or is the product line being abandoned?

Mark
Aurora 9 is long discontinued, the only support we can offer for it is parts support. Most of the A9's components are interchangeable between the A9X (aside from the main boards) so parts support will still go on.

The Aurora 9X is still alive and well, a software update for it was released not long ago which pretty much cured all of the bugs it had.
Dec 27, 2017, 07:13 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
No kidding Hitec is ditching the 9 model. how come?

what about the Hitec Flash 7 and Flash 8? Those are fairly new but not up to par with the Aurora with its touch screen.

Now im debating buying hitec anymore. if there isn't going to be support for them? I was looking at the Flash 8 or a used Aurora but id hate to buy a dead system.

Do you guys have a simulator that works with the Flash 8 or Aurora 9 that works on a mac? id like to practice drones on my downtime.

With all the new Hitec sensors and servos are you guys ending those as well? Id like to be able to maintain purchasing receivers.
Dec 28, 2017, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
No kidding Hitec is ditching the 9 model. how come?

what about the Hitec Flash 7 and Flash 8? Those are fairly new but not up to par with the Aurora with its touch screen.

Now im debating buying hitec anymore. if there isn't going to be support for them? I was looking at the Flash 8 or a used Aurora but id hate to buy a dead system.

Do you guys have a simulator that works with the Flash 8 or Aurora 9 that works on a mac? id like to practice drones on my downtime.

With all the new Hitec sensors and servos are you guys ending those as well? Id like to be able to maintain purchasing receivers.
As has been stated before, the only thing we are ceasing is all new transmitter development. We've released a large number of brand new and updated servo models this year and will continue to push servo development- We have absolutely no plans of stopping servo development. We have always been and always will be a servo based company and that is where all of our focus is.

Support for the Optic 5, Flash 7, 8, and Aurora 9X (and Lynx 4S for the surface crowds) will continue for many years to come. Support for older model transmitters is becoming difficult as parts are no longer available.
Dec 28, 2017, 08:17 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Thanks for the clarification. Its unfortunate since IMO Hitec was the best out there but if support will still be around for the Flash 8 and 9x im going to stay on my route on what I was looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
As has been stated before, the only thing we are ceasing is all new transmitter development. We've released a large number of brand new and updated servo models this year and will continue to push servo development- We have absolutely no plans of stopping servo development. We have always been and always will be a servo based company and that is where all of our focus is.

Support for the Optic 5, Flash 7, 8, and Aurora 9X (and Lynx 4S for the surface crowds) will continue for many years to come. Support for older model transmitters is becoming difficult as parts are no longer available.

Quick Reply