Jan 03, 2018, 08:06 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobear View Post
Long ago the AMA had a newsletter that was separate from the magazine that met this requirement. Membership could be with or without the magazine. At some point it was decided to roll the newsletter into the magazine and all memberships included the magazine. Controversy ensued at a quaint pre-internet pace and extent. Controversy will revive in 3....2....1....
Heh! Heh! I remember those days. Magazine sales sure went through the roof as people waited for the latest chapter in the current controversy.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2018, 10:23 PM
Does the AMA publish membership anywhere? I'm curious to see if overall membership is declining and if so, by how much.
Oct 01, 2018, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssobol View Post
I don't belong to AMA, but in this day and age, wouldn't an e-publication of their magazine be more cost effective?
They give you a choice but the magazine is a really good. I pay for it.. I’m not happy because seems they are not forwarding to my new house :/ haven’t got it in months.
Oct 02, 2018, 10:17 AM
My guess: AMA will be bringing forth an e-magazine soon ...
Oct 02, 2018, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhursey View Post
They give you a choice but the magazine is a really good. I pay for it.. I’m not happy because seems they are not forwarding to my new house :/ haven’t got it in months.
Try shooting them a message on Facebook, I noticed they're more communicative on there than if you try via email.
Oct 02, 2018, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkallev View Post
My guess: AMA will be bringing forth an e-magazine soon ...
Already have it as an option.
Oct 04, 2018, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobear View Post
Controversy will revive in 3....2....1....

That's funny. Yeah, I guess no matter the issue, you can't please everyone, all the time, eh?
Oct 04, 2018, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhursey View Post

Just call them up and they'll straighten it out. I think I only missed 1 or 2 months when I changed my address, but they sent those issues right out to me.

Doh, see Krebb already recommended contacting them.
Sep 28, 2021, 06:38 PM
The AMA magazine is worthless !
Sep 28, 2021, 08:50 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
especially since they switched to all glossy paper. used to be, i could use it for cage bottom lining in my parrots cages, but that was years ago.
Sep 29, 2021, 05:38 AM
Nothing quite like bringing old franklin threads back to life ...
Sep 29, 2021, 09:10 AM
I'm surprised this one didn't get moved to the "AMA" section, back during the big epidemic of thread-moving around Dec/Jan a few years back. Most of the threads that got moved, I didn't think they should have been, because they bore on advocacy and/or regulatory issues in some significant way, but this one seems to be focused entirely on the business affairs of the AMA, so --- probably it's gonna get moved --
Sep 29, 2021, 01:29 PM
Recreational Model Plane Pilot
It looks like Hoot wants to be the new franklin but I don't think he has what it will take to pull it off.
Sep 29, 2021, 01:44 PM
And The Flyin' Is Easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
The AMA magazine is worthless !
So opt out of the print mag. and don't bother to open the on-line mag. when it is available.
Sep 29, 2021, 02:33 PM
Launch the drones ...
Doesn't matter to me anymore - I won't reapply for membership this year - they did nothing for FPV - tinywhoops are still illegal in spotterless FPV or if flown BVLOS - and they are harmless. Plus - the AMA couldn't stop the FAA from regulating non-navigable airspace - such as under and through trees. So the FAA says you can't fly spotterless FPV, or BVLOS FPV, through or under trees - even though full scale aviation cannot fly through trees safely - not yet, anyway. And - that's simply - nutty.
Last edited by Tim Green; Sep 29, 2021 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply