Vq fw-190 d9 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 22, 2017, 05:23 PM
Discussion

Vq fw-190 d9

Does anyone actually have this plane?
https://vqwarbirds.com/product/vq-fo...-epgp-warbird/

I know it doesn't look that scale, but have been thinking I could bash this one to look half decent.

This is the only "Dora 9" arf out there except the ESM 83"....i already have that one.

I was hoping someone already had it that might be able to snap a couple pictures.

The canopy on the VQ needs a lot of help, the gun hood needs tons of help, etc.... But I've already got ideas on how to fix them.

The only other option would be to build a kit from skysharkrc. I don't really want to build a kit and if I was going to do a kit, I'd probably do an IMPscale since its a fiberglass fuse.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2018, 11:08 PM
i think you should save your money and time and get the Skyshark kit.

The VQ attempt is like they used inspiration from one of the egg plane cartoons instead of you know doing a google search or something. It looks hideous.
Jan 16, 2018, 01:50 AM
VQ didn't do itself any favors using the paint scheme they chose.
Different note, Skyshark has yet to answer my email questions...
Jan 16, 2018, 03:50 AM
In any event, we'll see how much better the VQ looks once I've tinkered with it.
As a reminder, I'm not trying to make it look competition scale since the idea is to make it look OK enough to do two of them. One for my son and one for me to fly together. That's the entire reason for this.

If someone wants to spend the time to build two skysharkrc KITS that are the same size as the VQ, that's fine. Time wise though, that would take considerably longer. For that kind of time investment, I could build a Holman 1/5 size.

This is a fun fly type endeavor for spending quality time with my son, who's in college.
Jan 16, 2018, 04:14 AM
Sky sharks do answer as I emailed them to get their kit here. They did a USPS wuote whom wanted $750usd for shipping which insane.

So I’m back to building my own
Jan 16, 2018, 04:34 AM
I'm glad they answered you.... However they haven't answered my questions I emailed them.... Which was sent two weeks ago about product stock status. So ummm

Quick Reply