This thread is privately moderated by decreale, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 20, 2017, 07:47 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

L-39 Albatross

Decided to get an EDF and this one was a discontinued model. First thing I did was look at the videos on the build. Nothing overly complicated. I went about putting the jet together and then it became obvious. If the servos on the wings go bad there is no way to replace the servo. The instructions tell you to glue the wings to the Fuselage and the servo wire is inside the wing. Not on the outside. Now I need to figure out a way to resolve this before I start flying
Most likely I will replace the servos since they are garbage
Tested the servos they are crap. The esc failed to work. My advice stay away from this plane. It’s not worth the money it’s a throw away plane after so many flights

Called Horizon Hobby and they are sending another ESC. Thank you Horizon Hobby
A discontinued ESC were the reviews are horrible. If the servos do go bad the only way to replace them is to cut the wire and put an extension connector at the end of the cut wire to connect the new servo
I got the ESC from Horizon and to my surprise the ESC worked with no problems. I have not flown it yet just to cold . Waiting for the temperature to get above 45
No ventaliation so be careful not to overheat you’re batteries

I would not recommend this plane

Finally got to fly this. Was very surprised , it flew well. Lots of speed but flies well at slow speeds. Battery and ESC were not hot but I was not running at full throttle maybe 50%
Unfortunately it crashed, hand launching a jet takes a lot of effort. I tried to hand launch this and the result was total loss. I suggest you get a jet with landing gear
Last edited by decreale; Mar 20, 2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Update
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply