Dec 11, 2018, 10:28 PM
Oh Man!!! Finally got to maiden mine and this thing is a ROCKET!
Didn't have time to program at Cape Blanco, next took it to Eagle in October but we were flying Alula's and not Cervix's. Finally had a good wind at Peterson Butte for the maiden. Flew great but I need to either add high-low rates or more expo to the ailerons as this was one twitchy MF.
Had to calm myself down after this flight with my ballasted Gizmo.
Thanks Aaron, awesome job!
Tom
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2018, 02:49 PM
A dream will find you

'Like' function

We should not have to create a separate post when we come across a post we like, agree with, etc. This forum should support a 'Like' button with appropriate icons.
Dec 12, 2018, 03:15 PM
Everything's A Compromise
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSeim
We should not have to create a separate post when we come across a post we like, agree with, etc. This forum should support a 'Like' button with appropriate icons.
+1

(Exhibit A )
Dec 14, 2018, 08:58 PM
Had another good day with the Cervix. Put a small bit of lead in the nose (dive test now indicates a bit nose heavy, before it was just lawn dart straight) and 30% expo to tame it down a bit.
Today it was blowing low 30s, gusting to 38 (of the few times I stopped flying to measure) but I think it was into the low 40s a number of times.
Still haven't had the balls to put in the ballast, this thing penetrates well as it is. I can't imagine the wind speed where I would -need- ballast.
Thanks again Aaron, awesome bird!
Dec 15, 2018, 07:35 PM
Loving Lee's Slope Slut
Thread OP
I am glad that you are enjoying it Tom and thank you for the kind words. As far as updates go I haven't had a lot of time to make any more planes as work has finally picked up and I just haven't had a lot of time. I have been working a little here and there on the two meter wing and I have been revamping my hobby room in anticipation of some fresh molds from Steven.

Steven..... designs look awesome for the new V Tail.... getting super excited to start laying up some new birds for us.
Jun 14, 2019, 06:11 AM
Themadartist

Some guidance ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarheadFlyer
Fresh out of the molds.... my tribute to Steve Martin.
JarheadFlyer, can you give me any guidance on the types of fabrics you're using, and what fabrics might perform better than others when being placed behind the veil layer ??? Thanks in anticipation, Steve.
Jun 14, 2019, 09:20 AM
pnc
pnc
I need to get my cervix fuselage done and I will be up and flying it again ..
Jun 14, 2019, 10:51 AM
Loving Lee's Slope Slut
Thread OP
I have had the best luck with color fast cotton fabrics. Polys and blends don't seem to laminate well. Hope this helps

Quick Reply