Dec 19, 2017, 07:23 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

ATR 72-600 build ,With INDIGO airlines Livery

Hello everyone,
This gonna be my first scaled model build after lots of flitetest based and parkflyer planes,

Why ATR ?
:-huh so i needed to build some thing which is on prop's,(noob with EDF) and i love the airline company operating in INDIA (INDIGO AIRLINES),and they have recently inducted there first ATR 72-600 for dominating regional flights,

Specs:-

LEGNTH:-203.3745 cm
WINGSPAN:-203.625cm
HEIGHT:-57.375cm

expected weight :-around 4-5 kg
electronics :-UNKNOWN.
Last edited by klog; Dec 27, 2017 at 06:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2017, 02:40 AM
Airliner Builder
Cool project!! Subscribed

My friend and I recently built ATR42s and both of us had issues with rotating on takeoff. I recommend adding some positive incidence to the wing and maybe adding area to the horizontal stab.
Dec 20, 2017, 11:02 PM
Jaspreet Dhanjal
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post

My friend and I recently built ATR42s and both of us had issues with rotating on takeoff. I recommend adding some positive incidence to the wing and maybe adding area to the horizontal stab.
were you guys running counter rotating prop setup?
it would be great if you share your setup with us.. thanks
Dec 21, 2017, 06:05 PM
Airliner Builder
Yes, we used counter rotating 9 inch props with 480 sized motors on a 3S LiPo. This is more power than is needed but I wanted to install FPV gear and batteries. More details in this build thread.
Dec 23, 2017, 05:48 AM
Thread OP
I feel so pity for that little bird,
well Ethan i always had a look on your ATR build but i never knew that bird crashed untill you replied,
as advised i would really implement your suggestions ,
however can you please let me know on which axis did you feel the rotation?
cheer's mate
Dec 23, 2017, 05:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post

I feel so pity for that little bird,
well Ethan i always had a look on your ATR build but i never knew that bird crashed untill you replied,
as advised i would really implement your suggestions ,
however can you please let me know on which axis did you feel the rotation?
cheer's mate
Dec 23, 2017, 07:31 AM
Thread OP

Initially i have started my build from designing fuselage structure,and got messed up with whole setup,

evan a small correction and i had to change everything ,

so now i have seperated fuselage into 5 different sections,
1 nose section ,2 body section, one middle section consisting of main landing gear,wing mounts etc and at last tail section

the idea of building in parts is to replace a single small section instead of whole fuselage if incase something is needed to be changed later,

apart from this i had a big concern about the nose,as i want this to be proper scaled one even a small deviation could bring down the whole look,
so in my spare time i did a mock build with hand drawn formers out of cardboard sheets and polystyrene sheets.

find some pictures of my work done so far!
Dec 23, 2017, 11:11 PM
Thread OP

PROGRESS REPORT
At first started with the main bulkhead and then proceeded with mid fuselage section where the whole load is gonna act ,
here are some pictures.these whole section will run with 4 'T' shaped longerons from nose to tail!
Dec 23, 2017, 11:41 PM
Airliner Builder
Your computer work looks excellent! The problem my friend and I had was rotating the nose off the ground (vertical axis).

Quick Reply