Dec 19, 2017, 02:32 AM
UAS
Thread OP
New Product

All About Zohd Orbit Wing

Zohd Orbit Wing. I have flown the $300 Blade Theory by Horizon Hobby, so I was eager to see how this Orbit flight controller performs. I am pleased to say it is good.

Very simple, all electronics are pre-installed. The wiring are labeled, so all you just need is a basic receiver with one auxiliary channel for the flight mode switch to change between 3-axis gyro stabilization and 6-axis full stabilization.

Assembling is way too easy. You slip in the wing spar. Attach the wings, that is all. I noticed the elevator seem to have a limited throw, but that is all I need to do a loop. Right side may seem to have more aileron when you throttle up, but it compensates once you are in the air. On a 6-axis mode, it takes less than half throttle to climb, as the elevator is mixed in.

See it in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/dronemissio...21852388043101

All About Zohd Orbit Wing ...AWESOME (16 min 26 sec)

Factory Specifications:
Brand Name: ZOHD Model: Orbit Wing
Wingspan: 900mm/35.43in
Length: 422mm/16.61in
Flying Weight: 455g(w/o FPV gear)
Material: Crash Resistable EPP
CG: 11.50cm from the wing leading edge
Color: White + Black
Motor: ZOHD 2204 1870KV BL
Motor Shaft Diameter: 5mm
ESC: 30A W/1A BEC (XT60 connector)
Servos: 2pcs 8g digital servo
Propeller: 6x3 self tightening
Recommended Battery: 3S 1300-2200mAh 25C XT60 Plug
Flying speed: 10 to 85km/h
Last edited by UAS; Dec 24, 2017 at 02:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2017, 10:24 PM
I have been looking at this and the Zohd nano Talon. I'm going to grab one soon. Maybe both !
Dec 20, 2017, 01:00 AM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
Nice wing
Last edited by WJH; Dec 20, 2017 at 01:09 AM.
Dec 20, 2017, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonmac
I have been looking at this and the Zohd nano Talon. I'm going to grab one soon. Maybe both !
If it is build like the Orbit with the same gyro, I am thinking the same, a Talon.
Dec 22, 2017, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrc
If it is build like the Orbit with the same gyro, I am thinking the same, a Talon.
With the Talon's unique look and autonomous flight after launch ; it is sure to be a hit with me. I cant wait to get it.

I guess the Orbit does the same ?
Dec 22, 2017, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonmac
With the Talon's unique look and autonomous flight after launch ; it is sure to be a hit with me. I cant wait to get it.

I guess the Orbit does the same ?
From what i have seen, looks like the Orbit has an upgrade to the interior, the bay is structured to secure the flight controller. Zohd's design is ahead of XK, which also recently released RTF gyro planes.
Dec 24, 2017, 08:45 PM
Had this flight with the ZHOD Orbit, but may be my last. After I landed a bit rough I could no longer launch it without nosing in. After about 6 tries and having to glue a few things back I gave up. Will try and calibrate the gyro later.
Jim
Zohd Orbit on board video (7 min 21 sec)
Dec 25, 2017, 06:47 PM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
Don't throw it away. just hook the servos to your receiver and fly it.

I was unfortunate to have 3 of those gyros go bad in flight on different machines over a couple of months. Went from flying good to nose in, no control.

I wasn't very happy.
Dec 26, 2017, 01:36 AM
UAS
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by artesiajimmy
Will try and calibrate the gyro later.
Jim
Also mechanically check your trims on the servo, one screw came lose for me.
Dec 26, 2017, 04:57 PM
Thanks guys I will check for both things. I am hoping to get it flying again. The first flight I did was in 20+ mph winds and was a blast.
Jim
Jan 12, 2018, 09:14 AM
I changed the motor to a 2204 2300kv. Also use 6X3 pusher props(cheap).
Fly's easy peazy now
ZOHD Oribt JC Park Artesia NM (18 min 13 sec)

ZHOD Orbit Wing Roswell, NM (18 min 21 sec)
Mar 06, 2018, 11:35 AM
I recently got the Zohd Orbit and not too sure about its set up. Every thing appears to work alright after binding to my radio except...
There does not appear to be much up elevator control at all in either mode. There is plenty of down elevator but next to no up. I haven't tried to fly it yet because this does not seem to be normal. Any thoughts?
Mar 07, 2018, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppasmurf
I recently got the Zohd Orbit and not too sure about its set up. Every thing appears to work alright after binding to my radio except...
There does not appear to be much up elevator control at all in either mode. There is plenty of down elevator but next to no up. I haven't tried to fly it yet because this does not seem to be normal. Any thoughts?
Normal! I was wondering about that before, but it does not take much to do a loop. It is mixed in with the throttle. You don’t even have to toss this plane, just throttle up 3/4 and it flies off your hand.
Mar 27, 2018, 08:19 PM
Deleted

Thanks
Fred
Last edited by fredle; Mar 28, 2018 at 11:18 AM.
Oct 18, 2018, 08:14 AM
Hello UAS,

I just have bought an Orbit. I'm more beginner with these systems. I fly with a Parrot Disco and have no problems, all is RTF. Here we have PNP... But I see that is not a problem. Your description is clear and easy! Thank you!

There is one connector for DSM2. Did you ever connect with? It is not necessary to use DSM2?
You put the mode on gear switch and have the effect of choosing red or blue?

Which pins at the channel/receiver for elevator, rudder, mode as singlewires do you use ? Plus/Minus/Neutral?

Where is the Vtx? Is it really built in downside under the plate? Will it work automatically with a ground station? Would you recommend to take the plastic plates up and down away to see what's inside and glue it afterwards?

I think you don't use FPV, only camera recording. Have you tried FPV with display?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Stefan

Quick Reply