Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by circuitfxr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 18, 2017, 09:49 PM
Resistance is futile
Discussion

Ever drive through your house?

Hello everyone!

I know its been a while since I updated this blog. There have been a few new developments since last I posted.
I'm sure the title has you wondering WTH?

The story begins with a tired, overworked brother who was still half asleep when he drove to get the mail.
Returning to the house, he didn't like the angle he was pulling into the carport. He pushed the brake with his bare foot and the foot
slipped off the brake pedal and onto the accelerator!

Our house is a mobile home with stairs that lead up to the entrance door. His pickup truck , a Ford F150, rode up the stairs with the drivers side front wheel.
The resulting impact took out the door, the window, and 3/4 of the wall leading into the kitchen. (What a disaster!)

Fortunately no one got hurt and the truck only got some minor cosmetic damage.
This happened just a week ago. No expensive R/C gifts coming this year.

We have temporarily patched the hole by re-studding the area and using plywood sheets.
What terrible timing...just before Christmas. Sheesh!

As if that wasn't bad enough, 2 weeks prior to the crash, my adult daughter left her fiancÚ and moved back home with me.
Some of you may remember seeing her in some the previous r/c videos I have posted.

Well, they say these things come in 3's.....
Yup, number 3 happened in between the other 2. My mother was hospitalized with what appeared to be a heart condition.

She spent a grooling week in the hospital while getting every test in the book.
Fortunately, she was allowed to return home yesterday and the prognosis was not any heart related issue. She was overmedicated for an infection in her legs.

Things are slowly getting back to normal again. The hole in the house is patched, Mom is back home, and my daughter is going to spend some time with her other grandma till she gets on her feet again. We just got home internet hooked back up last Sunday.

I apologize for my lapse of participation, however, Team Alienters R/C is going strong again. We are looking forward to a new start with the new year! Go Trump! (oops...that just slipped out) LOL

Here are some damage pics to satisfy your morbid curiousity....don't deny it....hee hee
Latest blog entry: Spring time outdoor projects
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply