PowerLab 6 Power Supply Settings - RC Groups
Dec 18, 2017, 07:20 PM
Question

PowerLab 6 Power Supply Settings

Just ordered three (3) PowerLab 6 changers and am going through the manual. Have a question about setting the supply voltage/current limits (have the control software already loaded).

I only have a few electrics, most of what I fly is glow and most of my batteries are NiCd. During the winter months I like to cycle my NiCd batteries. Recording the cycle data lets me weed out those dropping below 80%. To speed things along I will have all three PowerLab 6 chargers powered from one supply (P350, 15VDC/23A) via a power strip. Just to clarify, the NiCd batteries during cycle are limited about 1/2A during charge and 1A during discharge.

So, if I'm reading the PL6 manual correctly I should set all three units to 12VDC for the low voltage limit and something around 5A for the current limit, and that should allow cycling of three batteries simultaneously on three individual PL6 chargers and still protect the power supply.

Edit: More manual reading and I have another question. Along with the PL6 chargers, I also purchased three (3) PN: CP8S-TP/PQ6S-PAR-US, Cellpro (JST PA) PowerLab-to-ThunderPower (Molex) or PolyQuest (Yeonho) Safe Parallel Adapters as I have both TP and PolyQuest batteries. When using these FMA adapters, do I still need to switch the PL6 chargers from FMA Wiring mode to XH/EH Wiring mode via the control software?
Last edited by Homer712; Dec 19, 2017 at 08:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply