This thread is privately moderated by Mad_angler1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 25, 2018, 10:26 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
No this is digital video and not Analog, there is no Analog in the mix here.
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2018, 11:37 AM
ok
thanks
Feb 26, 2018, 08:43 AM
All I really need at this point is voltage.. I wish it had its own OSD for just that... maybe in a firmware release or something. I will be hooking the power straight into the battery so shouldn't be too hard.
Mar 01, 2018, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the Fish
For those of you that would like head tracking for your fixed wing applications that is possible with the RE goggles. Purchase a PPM- PWM converter. PixHawk produces one. Connect the PPM (3 pin) to the Ocusync Air unit then connect the other PPM end to the converter. Connect the converters 1st and 2nd PWM outputs to your tilt and pan servos. Turn on the DJI Goggles RE and test.
Mar 12, 2018, 05:57 PM
Thread OP
I have added a video to this review about using head tracking, it’s further up.

Ok a few other updates

I have also tested the Mavic RC and that works fine too apart from if mount the camera up side down you can’t flip the image in DJI Go, will post the video for this up here too shortly.

For guys with telemetry issues on latest firmware can you try as follows and let me know, it appears from my test they have enabled Mavlink and disabled MSP, I have tested this on both inav/BF F.C. and a Pixhawk/Ardu and can confirm Mavlink now works on latest firmware although some readouts are not 100%, voltage is fine but current is scaled wrong in my tests.

In Inav/BF.

Turn off MSP and enable Mavlink, see same as UART1 on this

Thanks.
Apr 15, 2018, 02:48 AM
Hallo guys,

Does mavlinkn telemetry works in the latest firmware of the air system ?

I prefer to use pixhawk as a flight controller
Jul 06, 2018, 04:04 PM
SVTHotchkiss
Has anybody tried running a SD video transmitter onboard the craft with the ocusync? That way you could see the Vector FC OSD as well.. wouldn't be the most elegant solution because you would need a second set of goggles or a LCD screen to see the SD feed along with the DJI goggles.

I would guess that 1.2 GHz would be able to work with occusync and not interfere with its signal.

It's a shame that this system can't be connected to DJI crystal sky monitors.
Jul 09, 2018, 07:16 PM

Battery to Power the DJI Ocusync Air System

I have looked and looked but have not been able to find this information anywhere....

What kind of mah hours will I need to run the Ocusync Air System?

I'd like to use a 3s or 4s 610mah type Lipo with a JST connector....does anyone know if that size/type of Lipo battery will work?

Thanks for any and all help....
Jul 10, 2018, 11:22 AM
SVTHotchkiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic11
I have looked and looked but have not been able to find this information anywhere....

What kind of mah hours will I need to run the Ocusync Air System?

I'd like to use a 3s or 4s 610mah type Lipo with a JST connector....does anyone know if that size/type of Lipo battery will work?

Thanks for any and all help....
Any 3S or 4S battery will work to power the occusync airsystem. I'm not sure what the actual battery consumption is, but the fact that this system was designed to be used with small racing quads and powered from the single flight battery on these drones the 610mah should be enough juice to power it for you.

I'm not sure about the JST connector and what the occusync comes with stock, but it would be easy to install a JST connector onto the occusync to match your battery if needed.

Hope this helps.
Jul 10, 2018, 07:21 PM
Thank you, it does help me....I appreciate the help. Have a good evening....
Jan 10, 2019, 10:58 AM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
Getting back to using this system for my original purpose, aerial dogfight/pursuit/formation training. Works out pretty well after all kinks are ironed out.

FPV Chase/Dogfight/Formation Training with Tuan's T-28 ( HD Uncut) (7 min 30 sec)
Feb 19, 2019, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately I happened to buy this "air system" as I own white and black goggles.
Is there a way I could connect my OWN camera (aftermarket / third party / custom / whatever) and get rid of the DJI one?
Thanks
Last edited by hexbub; Feb 19, 2019 at 02:11 PM.
Feb 19, 2019, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
Sorry no it’s a total system, it’s not a analog or HDMI camera they are using a custom usb connection.
Feb 19, 2019, 02:55 PM
Thank you for your quick reply.
As I thought.. though I was still searching... It seems the camera has a digital transmission with the transmitter unit through a custom USB-C like connector... and so it seems not easy to mix your own video feed. HDMI-in would be great here.. :-)
Maybe I use it for some other project at a later time... at the moment - "frozen asset"...
Thanks and have a nice evening!
Feb 20, 2019, 10:10 AM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexbub
Thank you for your quick reply.
As I thought.. though I was still searching... It seems the camera has a digital transmission with the transmitter unit through a custom USB-C like connector... and so it seems not easy to mix your own video feed. HDMI-in would be great here.. :-)
Maybe I use it for some other project at a later time... at the moment - "frozen asset"...
Thanks and have a nice evening!
hexbub,

Consider selling the white one and buy the RE. When everything works with head tracking, it is truly a immersive/realistic flying experience.

If not, let me know if you want to let it go. I could use a second Air Unit...

FPV Scale Aerobatics & Tree Arch Pass at Sunset (7 min 58 sec)

Quick Reply