Dec 17, 2017, 07:21 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Foxeer Predator Micro V2 - Stop making Mini sized cams!!

UPDATE: Predator micro V2 just showed for preorder on surveilzone site:

http://www.surveilzone.com/Foxeer-Predator-Micro-V2-Camera-FPV-OSD-1000TVL-Super-WDR-g-2193

There are some enhancements to image quality, we'll wait

So just 3 days ago i hopped on the Predator mini wagon and ordered 3!
And now, this is announced!

I vowed never to use bigger than micro sized camera, there is simply no need, but the predator seemed so good i ordered the mini which is the worse form factor ever!! you always end up adding the mounting to regular size.

And three days later i see a micro version!! and my mini's are already shipped! damn!

UPDATE: Now also on Banggood:

https://www.banggood.com/Foxeer-Predator-Micro-1000TVL-Super-WDR-FPV-Camera-With-OSD-DC5V-40C-Low-Latency-p-1240978.html

http://www.surveilzone.com/Foxeer-Predator-Micro-Camera-FPV-OSD-1000TVL-Super-WDR-g-2120

So, nothing much on specs but my guess is that its the same (looks like amazing video) CMOS sensor,
It doesn't say which lens it will arrive with, the Predator Mini has only 2.5 or 1.8mm lenses and i like the 2.1mm lenses (which i ordered as well with my minis )

Damn this hobby, can't keep up! but i love it hahah

BTW:

I started loving the micro sized camera more with this mounting, fits almost all my quads!:

https://www.banggood.com/DIY-Fixed-Mount-For-Runcam-Micro-Swift-FPV-Camera-Red-Black-p-1188709.html
Last edited by sevet; May 07, 2018 at 12:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2017, 10:38 AM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
still be while to get one,
"Availability:In stock
Preorder. Shipment date would be around 8th January."
Dec 18, 2017, 09:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
still be while to get one,
"Availability:In stock
Preorder. Shipment date would be around 8th January."
They usually keep to their word It is now also on Banggood (updated the OP)
Why would you make a mini only to make a micro two weeks later? nobody really wants a mini......
Dec 18, 2017, 10:02 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Micro Cams will have slightly less res compared to the mini....

Micro= plastic lens
Mini= glass lens

....but who knows, this Predator is the best CMOS out there and no one found a set color-tune setting yet
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Dec 19, 2017, 02:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Micro Cams will have slightly less res compared to the mini....

Micro= plastic lens
Mini= glass lens

....but who knows, this Predator is the best CMOS out there and no one found a set color-tune setting yet
Really? Do all micro cams have plastic lenses? I didnt know that.... Going to check further.
Dec 19, 2017, 02:23 AM
fly by night
This is awesome news.

though I mainly use micro cams for scale fpv projects on small planes .. I won't use CMOS with them (windowblinds, jello). However I also have many sub 250g planes and quad that are suited to the tiny form factor too. Just got my 2nd micro Swift going into a nano goblin, but maybe a predator micro would be better
Dec 19, 2017, 02:31 AM
We've seen no indication of the usual CMOS artifacts with the Predator Mini and the
very best combination of WDR and color saturation we've seen yet. Also close to, if not the
lowest measured latency of any flight camera.

I have seen one big issue with the Predator though. It doesn't play nice with my FS HD3
goggles. I get only a B&W image. From researching this problem with earlier cameras,
Fatshark blames it on the camera producing an out of spec signal, while the camera
makers usually blame it on Fatshark, because their cameras work with every other display
out there.
Dec 19, 2017, 10:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
We've seen no indication of the usual CMOS artifacts with the Predator Mini and the
very best combination of WDR and color saturation we've seen yet. Also close to, if not the
lowest measured latency of any flight camera.

I have seen one big issue with the Predator though. It doesn't play nice with my FS HD3
goggles. I get only a B&W image. From researching this problem with earlier cameras,
Fatshark blames it on the camera producing an out of spec signal, while the camera
makers usually blame it on Fatshark, because their cameras work with every other display
out there.
Do you have the NTSC or the PAL versions? I've seen this happen a long time ago with NTSC, never with PAL.
Dec 19, 2017, 12:07 PM
NTSC version. Besides all my other gear being NTSC, I prefer 30fps versus 25fps, and can see
the difference while flying fast.
I think the Predator produces the best image available today, but the B&W issue is
preventing me from actually using the camera. It's very frustrating.
Dec 19, 2017, 01:50 PM
Quote:
NTSC version. Besides all my other gear being NTSC, I prefer 30fps versus 25fps, and can see
I think the Predator produces the best image available today, but the B&W issue is
I have the same issue, NTSC camera like all my other cameras and black white image with HD3.
Dec 19, 2017, 08:43 PM
This is the *HD* v3 right? Not the Dom V3? I'm very excited about the cam, but don't want to get burned
Dec 19, 2017, 10:29 PM
Yes, HD V3. It works with my older Dom V2s, HD2s, and some other displays.
I get the impression it's a tolerance thing so may not affect all HD3s but
when this has happened in the past Fatshark has tracked it down to out
of spec noise in the color signal from the camera.
Dec 21, 2017, 08:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Did anyone check the PAL version on the HD3s?
I always use PAL, prefer the better resolution, but i was thinking of checking the better framerate
Dec 25, 2017, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevet
Did anyone check the PAL version on the HD3s?
I always use PAL, prefer the better resolution, but i was thinking of checking the better framerate
I specifically bought the PAL version because I like the addition little bit of resolution. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet but will soon. Will report back.
Edit: oops, wrong thread. I have the mini, not the micro.
May 07, 2018, 12:57 AM
Thread OP
Predator micro v2 with some image enhancement is available for preorder on Surveilzone's site:

http://www.surveilzone.com/Foxeer-Predator-Micro-V2-Camera-FPV-OSD-1000TVL-Super-WDR-g-2193

Quick Reply