Skin modeling with foam sheets - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2018, 08:21 PM

sculpt the detail on surface

I use a pencil to scribe contour of canon guns at the end of nose cone on the surface, Depron will get dent or squeeze to bump up with pencil tip pressing with tilting or rubbing.
I shape slightly bump out stuff, panel lines, original U-shape cheat holes on F-18 fuselage and stick outs( signal lights?) on vertical rudder fin .
Last edited by osern; Jan 01, 2018 at 09:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2018, 10:45 PM

Identical from a template

The fascinating thing of skin modeling is that you can easily duplicate model from a template,construct identical stuff and parts,
I don't care if it crash or not rigid enough,the replacement parts are unlimited in hands.

Build log for detail https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5mmEDF-F-A-18E
Last edited by osern; Jan 12, 2018 at 08:41 AM.
Jan 11, 2018, 06:41 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
i dont see anything different than what we have been doing here for over 15 years ..
Jan 11, 2018, 07:50 PM
treefinder
Sortof, but there's a "generation " of FT kit and design builders who need reintroduction to the finer sculpting, and I gotta admit that osern is a master sculptor.
Jan 11, 2018, 07:58 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
i didnt mean to sound like a douche but it came out that way .. yes he is a fantastic sculptor and i do need to acknowledge that ..there is some awesome stuff he has done and i would like to work with him in the future on a project .. once again my sincere apologies .. I did not mean to take away from his fantastic work ..
Jan 11, 2018, 08:01 PM
serial scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyceroy
i dont see anything different than what we have been doing here for over 15 years ..
Correct. What you see here is someone that does it very, very well.
Kudos to the OP.
Jan 11, 2018, 10:15 PM
treefinder
But I think we can also agree that there are a flock of guys who joined the hobby through flite test and their flat paper on construction techniques some of which will grow beyond that if shown how. And this thread gives great teaching on how!
Jan 12, 2018, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Welcome to post any ideas and works here,it's a great hobby to build and fly,it's healthy to share!

Some time it's a conflict to commercial deals,if every one build their own models,they'll be panic!
Truth is this method also help to repair and patch up damaged prefabricated models that help people willing to buy more their products without fear of crashing their expensive investments,they should think again. to help promoting.

Still it's crucial to make it build model easily to attract new ones joining this hobby,Fltetest is doing right things to promote.
I hope this thread also could help to build models as easy and scale as possible at the same time for every one,let it be a preciatiable model and a flyable model to accomplish childhood dreams.
Last edited by osern; Jan 12, 2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: poor English
Jan 12, 2018, 09:15 AM

thin and firm joint edges

Chamfered edges not only increase contact area for adhesive to glue more firmly but also make minimum uneven joint edge for sanding,sometimes there is no need to sand or trim when they flow along panel lines that are almost invisible.

This is also useful to patching up damages of purchased foam models that are unable to resonate with hot water soaking .

Last edited by osern; Jan 12, 2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply