PowerLab 6, 1s high voltage charging - RC Groups
Dec 16, 2017, 06:52 PM
Prefectionist
Question

PowerLab 6, 1s high voltage charging

I just purchased the cable to update the software on my PL6 so that I could have access to the high voltage settings so that I could charge the new high voltage lipos i purchased for my tinywhoop.

However, It appears that the 1s no-balance option does not allow you to configure a voltage higher than 4.2 volts. Is it possible to charge 1s's up to the high voltage standard on PL6?

A quick search of this forum did not find an answer.

Thanks,
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2017, 02:56 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd
I just purchased the cable to update the software on my PL6 so that I could have access to the high voltage settings so that I could charge the new high voltage lipos i purchased for my tinywhoop.

However, It appears that the 1s no-balance option does not allow you to configure a voltage higher than 4.2 volts. Is it possible to charge 1s's up to the high voltage standard on PL6?

A quick search of this forum did not find an answer.

Thanks,
Hi,

Right now the only way to use the high voltage preset is through balance charging as there is not one for non-balance.

Howard
Feb 10, 2018, 09:29 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos
Hi,

Right now the only way to use the high voltage preset is through balance charging as there is not one for non-balance.

Howard
Is there non-balance HV option in the works?
Is there another solution in the meantime?

I also need to charge small 1s HV lipos on a PL8. I can think of some series adapter configurations to charge them like a multiple cell pack, but would rather avoid yet another adapter.
Feb 11, 2018, 09:52 AM
Prefectionist
I purchased one of these: https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...k-5332/p424734

Then added a 2s balance tap to it (using only 2 of the 3 wires) . since both the balance and power taps are connected, you can use the standard HV settings.

Its a bit clumsy seeing as I'm going PL6 -> PL6 parallel board -> 1s parallel board, but it works.
Feb 11, 2018, 10:46 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Soldered up a pair of single cell pigtails cut off a "squid" parallel cable and soldered them to a 2s balance plug and JST power lead. Allows me to charge 2 cells as a 2s pack connected to the MPA-XH-PL

My PL8 does not have a HV preset. I had to create one.

Ah! Charger just beeped finished and nothing caught fire. Looks like it works

Quick Reply