Dec 15, 2017, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I can fly...
Thread OP
Cool

S-3 Viking 70mm Twin EDF

Has anybody bought one of these?
http://www.x-flight.com.hk/?sp=&p=6&...&more=&lang=en

It looks pretty cool. I have the old Wattage foamy with 2-60mm fans. I stalled it and it broke up nicely The wing survived and I have a NIB one to get it going again but if I can get a good 70mm fiberglass/wood that can handle retracts I'm in!

Its' a little pricey and I am sure shipping would add another $100...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2017, 04:04 PM
Lithium Member
Looks like the CMP kit from ~3-4yrs ago that never made it into large scale (nitroplanes, aerodyne etc.) distribution ... ?

Good looks and heavy polyester possibly, like the other CMP edf kits.

CMP went out of business ~ 2 yrs ago.
Dec 18, 2017, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I can fly...
Thread OP
I knew CMP was done for but was surprised to see this. Maybe someone got hold of what they had and knocked a few more out? I'm not sure I want to spend $400 ($139 +$81 for shipping) on an 11lb twin70mm edf?

On a side note Herb, I had a CMP T-45 that I finished about 1/2 way and a friend got it and finished it. It flies perfect using some of your ideas(light!) and a good 8s power system.
Dec 18, 2017, 03:48 PM
Lithium Member
I'm afraid that the S-3 Viking might end up a bit on the heavy side

They quote (a perhaps optimistic) 12lbs rtf, but that is with the most basic steel wire fixed gear ...

If you start fabricating solid ply retract mounts, plus the added weight of the retracts, plus who knows what other problems you might encounter along the way ... It adds up quickly.

The S-3 Viking actually would be a very nice (and quite popular) edf jet for Freewing, Dynam or FMS to produce, with a RTF weight more in the 6-7lbs class (like their Me-262).

Quick Reply