Axial 1/10 SCX10 II Trail Honcho

The Trail Honcho is back! Check out version 2 of this totally utilitarian trail rig from Axial.

Axial 1/10 SCX10 II Trail Honcho

The Trail Honcho Returns!

The SCX10 Trail Honcho was one cool looking semi-scale off-road rig when it was first introduced back in 2012. But after being discontinued, we're happy to report it's back! The all new Axial SCX10 II Trail Honcho has the look and feel of the original, with a number of upgrades to make it better than ever. Method wheels come standard on the Honcho, along with 1.9 Falken WildPeak Mud Terrain tires. Adjustable coilover shocks with faux reservoirs, a 4-link suspension, a waterproof receiver box, and included LED lights are just a few of it's many features.

Here's what Axial says about the new SCX10 II Trail Honcho: The SCX10™ II Trail Honcho™ is the reliable choice for scale trail fun! For the past nine years the SCX10™ has been the staple vehicle platform for scale trail enthusiasts around the world. When it’s you, the trail and your rig, you want the tried, and true. You want real world community tested, hobby shop supported, aftermarket supported with close to ten years of history and scale trail adventures. The Trail Honcho™, built on the SCX10™ II chassis, meets the demands and the rigors of scale trailing miles from home when you need reliability the most!

When it’s time for adventure, you want a rig that allows you to think the unthinkable and go out and accomplish it. The SCX10™ II Trail Honcho™ is all about exploring the full size world in scale, making it a true adventure machine.

Equipped for heavy duty trailing – AX10™ transmission, single-piece AR44 axles, Method Hole wheels, Falken Wildpeak M/T tires and a set of four LED lights – the Trail Honcho™ takes the lead and puts your stamina to the test.

Axial AX90059 SCX10™ II Trail Honcho™ - Hike across Redonda Ridge (10 min 11 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM..
Dec 18, 2017, 02:19 PM
Jack of all, master of none
I just noticed they did away with the spare tire and streamlined the back area on the new version. I like that better. I took the spare out of my original Honcho, but it sort of looks weird with nothing in the circle area where it was. Not the easiest area to conceal or modify.
Dec 18, 2017, 03:16 PM
I removed my spare also. This will be a good beginner rig and looks to be promising if a kit were offered. The trans has plastic gears, but so did my original and it’s still kicking although rarely used nowadays. The plastic links are back but look beefier like the Wraith links. I hate that bumper, back then and now. The axles confuse me because they just released the ar44 not too long ago. Why the similar new axles so soon? And they’re all one piece.

I wouldn’t mind having one of those rear beds if it’ll fit in the old tube cage. I made a lexan flat bed to fit but would rather this one.
Dec 18, 2017, 03:23 PM
Here was my original SCX10 Honcho. I miss that rig!

Dec 18, 2017, 05:51 PM
Mine.
Dec 18, 2017, 07:51 PM
Jack of all, master of none
To get in on the original Honcho pic action...
Dec 21, 2017, 06:41 PM
Yvan
I pre-ordered this morning.

I drove a lot in the trails with the Honcho and it would be a good time for an update.
Yvan
Dec 21, 2017, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper Graham
To get in on the original Honcho pic action...

Here’s the latest from a few weeks ago.
Feb 03, 2018, 09:24 AM
kiwi power!
Ordered one, should be fun
Feb 03, 2018, 10:52 AM
Keep us posted. I’m curious about those new axles and what parts crossover to the old axles.
Feb 04, 2018, 02:00 PM
Yvan
My Honcho arrived at the store.
I'm going to get it on Monday.
Photos and update to coming. I really like the look of Honcho.
Yvan
Feb 05, 2018, 04:26 PM
Yvan
He is at home.
Here are some photos.
I just got it out of the box. He's very beautiful.
Yvan
Feb 05, 2018, 07:15 PM
How are you liking those micros?

Can you flip the two SCX’es over and do a comparison pic of the axles?
Feb 05, 2018, 07:58 PM
Yvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight
How are you liking those micros?

Can you flip the two SCX’es over and do a comparison pic of the axles?
ECX 1/24, I like it's the look.
It's not a supercrawler but a little rock crawler.
I would prefer more softness to crawl home!

The Trail Honcho, I like it a lot.
Tires have a lot of bite.
The springs forward ones are harder than the ones behind.
Should soon be working on hazardous terrain.
Overall, it is good like that. I can not wait to try it on the rock.
Yvan
Feb 05, 2018, 09:32 PM
Yvan
My first Update!
I widen the wheels with 12mm Hex Wheels Black adapter.

Quick Reply