Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 17, 2017, 08:36 AM
So what motors would you recommend for the Reverb? Marketing pictures suggest F40pro II...

My Helixes use F40 III 2600kv. Very fast already. Doubtful i need even faster motors for freestyle....

Was thinking Hypetrains myself. What do you think?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2017, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointy71
So what motors would you recommend for the Reverb? Marketing pictures suggest F40pro II...

My Helixes use F40 III 2600kv. Very fast already. Doubtful i need even faster motors for freestyle....

Depends what you're looking for, all of these are probably fine choices for this frame.

Chad Nowak mentioned he runs the hypetrains on his (duh)
Dec 17, 2017, 02:30 PM
Quote:

I've bought the T-motor F40 pro v2 2400kv for the Reverb.
On my other Alien I use cobra motors 2207 2450kv.
Hypetrain and f40 pro v2 are both light
Dec 17, 2017, 02:40 PM
What camera are people planning for this frame ?
Dec 17, 2017, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLine
What camera are people planning for this frame ?
Runcam swift 2 Rotoriot
Dec 17, 2017, 05:09 PM
Flight school dropout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Glide
Just a quick note about FPV camera compatibility. The intention was to design a camera mount that would accept as many of the standard size camera designs as possible so you were not locked into XXXX camera brand. I'm sure there has to be one or two types out there but I think we managed to make it work for 99% of the cameras out there. The original HS-1177 will even fit although there is no longer a way to lock it's angle as it does not have a second set of screw mounts to allow it. These cams are getting very long in the tooth these days anyway.

The only other camera that needs any modding to fit is the older Runcam cameras that have the wider "nubs" sticking out. For some reason Runcam decided to make their older cams wider than everyone else. These will still fit by cutting off the small "nubs" on the side of the case which is a 5 second job and then you are good to go. There will be a basic frame build video on the ImpulseRC YT channel shortly which includes how to cut the nubs off the older Runcam cams.
Don't forget that the HS1177 PCB can easily be moved into an arrow V3 case or others as well. So people with a HS1177 could do that for a few $ and be able to lock in the angle.
Dec 17, 2017, 05:49 PM
Quote:

Most of my quads run T-motor but on my Reverb i have Xnova lightning 2206 2600kv
27 grams and so far a great motor
Dec 18, 2017, 03:03 AM
Team Warpsquad
I plan to do a proper edited build in the future but here is a live build I just did today.

Live Reverb build (1 hr 46 min 39 sec)
Dec 18, 2017, 03:10 AM
@Final Glide, thank you very much this quick video. Please do a build video like you did for Alien RR. This is your own frame. It should be the best build video came out from you!
Last edited by dwaintr; Dec 18, 2017 at 06:36 AM.
Dec 18, 2017, 04:06 AM

Untitled (just another mediocre fpv video on YouTube) (3 min 32 sec)
Dec 18, 2017, 04:21 AM
@FinalGlide you used to use ImmersionRC mw600 VTX in almost all of your builds. Recently you it seems you switched to Tramp VTX. What minor or major differences did you find to make this change?

Thanks.
Dec 18, 2017, 06:24 AM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaintr
@FinalGlide you used to use ImmersionRC mw600 VTX in almost all of your builds. Recently you it seems you switched to Tramp VTX. What minor or major differences did you find to make this change?

Thanks.
I changed over a year ago. It's smaller, lighter, improved signal output, has calibrated power output, thermal protection, dedicated telem wire for complete control and also works with the wand system which I prefer for making band/power/channel changes.
Last edited by Final Glide; Dec 18, 2017 at 09:08 AM.
Dec 18, 2017, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Glide
I change over a year ago. It's smaller, lighter, improved signal output, has calibrated power output, thermal protection, dedicated telem wire for complete control and also works with the wand system which I prefer for making band/power/channel changes.
Thank you. I really liked the quality of the output of ImmersionRC VTX. If you find it as an upgrade then it will probably have better quality I suppose. I have both of those VTXs. This time I'll give Tramp a shot. Thank you.
Dec 18, 2017, 01:21 PM
Does a Foxeer Predator Mini, fit in this frame ?
Dec 18, 2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dttocs
Every time i strap a battery on mine it gets a absolute thrashing.
Feels so locked in like its on rails.
Quick question, where did you get that sweet stand from?

J

Quick Reply