ImpulseRC Reverb Freestyle Frame - Page 4 - RC Groups
Dec 15, 2017, 09:41 PM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
So what are some of the New School cameras people are finding good these days.
Are they still using 4:3 or 16:9 mainly or DVR split types etc.
Sorry for the OT question but I have not been keeping up for a few months.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2017, 10:16 PM
The pdb osd sounds sweet, autodetect with either BF or Kiss. My one problem is the finish of the frame, Id like to see the edges rounded smooth with a clear expoxy.
Dec 15, 2017, 10:26 PM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmorrow20
The pdb osd sounds sweet, autodetect with either BF or Kiss. My one problem is the finish of the frame, Id like to see the edges rounded smooth with a clear expoxy.
That requires a higher production cost but does not make any improvement to the performance/durability of the frame. The design plan was to minimise purchase cost hence finishing touches like chamfering was not done.
Dec 16, 2017, 12:43 AM
Every time i strap a battery on mine it gets a absolute thrashing.
Feels so locked in like its on rails.
Dec 16, 2017, 02:29 AM

Reverb naming

Hiya impulse, may be a daft question here... what were the thoughts behind the name “Reverb”? I like it.
Dec 16, 2017, 04:51 AM

Europe distributor?

I like it a lot. Any Europe distributor?
Dec 16, 2017, 05:04 AM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telechat
https://impulserc.com/pages/retailers
Dec 16, 2017, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telechat
https://www.flyingmachines.de/navi.php?qs=reverb
Dec 16, 2017, 06:26 AM
Novice Flying Machine Mechanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Glide
Great to see all the positive feedback guys. I really hope you enjoy the new design and look forward to seeing what you guys do with it.
Hi Chad, Thanks for this frame and congrats on the launch.

I think a lot of us would like to see what you do with this frame.
In the course of the live You Tube discussion about this frame you got a lot of questions about what you're using on this frame and touched on how you prep it etc.

Any chance of a build video with your current process and parts list please?

We're not all going to go out and slavishly copy you but I think a lot of ppl would be interested and we might even learn something (maybe that phrase is trademarked? Ooops....).

Have a good one.
Dec 16, 2017, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC
BOTH!! In fact it auto detects, so you just plug in your FC and if it's KISS it will just work and if it's BF it will just work

Yep, once we get our feet under us there will be 6" arms. Can't say when that will be exactly, but as soon as we can manage we will.

1) Sorry, it's super close but not quite. When we laid out the dimensions for this frame 5.5" props weren't even a thing so we missed out on that...

2) Again have to say that I'm sorry but it doesn't support that directly. We partnered with Brain3D to make a TPU Session mount and he also designed a couch style mount for us which he was kind enough to offer to give the file away for free. We will upload that and it can be downloaded and printed by anyone.

3) Third time unlucky This PDB is really just a base model. We are working hard on an updated design that has regulators and a whole bunch of other stuff built in.

We have a few hand assembly boards in the air so far and they are working well. The main thing here is that with the change in architecture from Atmel to STM32 for the processor we need to do a lot of firmware work and that stuff takes time. We are working directly with Alex Wolf in porting his firmware and adding a bunch of new awesome features and a good friend is also helping out with making a cross platform GUI.

I would like to say very early next year, but that is if nothing goes wrong.
Where can I find the file for the gopro session couch mount?
Thanks!
Dec 16, 2017, 09:22 AM
Novice Flying Machine Mechanic

Reverb Facebook group

I've created a facebook group for those social media junkies for whom this thread is not enough and want to discuss the Reverb more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/389275161517943/ .
Dec 16, 2017, 06:10 PM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337flite
Hi Chad, Thanks for this frame and congrats on the launch.

I think a lot of us would like to see what you do with this frame.
In the course of the live You Tube discussion about this frame you got a lot of questions about what you're using on this frame and touched on how you prep it etc.

Any chance of a build video with your current process and parts list please?

We're not all going to go out and slavishly copy you but I think a lot of ppl would be interested and we might even learn something (maybe that phrase is trademarked? Ooops....).

Have a good one.
I intend to do some build videos. I might do a live one tomorrow simply because I need to build one anyway.
Dec 16, 2017, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones007
This must be the project that AWOLF78 hinted at. Can't wait to see it.
I was thinking this too. When he hinted he was working on a new PDB I figured he was talking about a new Kiss PDB to go with the Kiss FCV2 and 32As. They did say that it's in the works so I hope that comes about soon also. Although this new PDB for the Reverb will be able to fit on basically any frame out there and it has Kiss ports already on it. It looks really nice and can't wait to see the extra features it has! I'm thinking colored OSD perhaps, now that would be pretty cool. Only time will tell I suppose, unless we get some leaked info at some point. Cough cough hint hint Chad lol
Dec 16, 2017, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Glide
I intend to do some build videos. I might do a live one tomorrow simply because I need to build one anyway.
Please do (for us noobs). I love this frame. Really great work Chad. Everyone appreciates the effort you put into this thing.
Dec 17, 2017, 06:59 AM
Helplessly addicted to FPV
Ordered one of these frames and can’t wait to get it in the air! I have been flying an alien (kiss) for about 11 months now and I have never broken arm and only broken one top plate. I can’t wait to see how much of a beast this thing is!

Quick Reply