ImpulseRC Reverb Freestyle Frame - Page 3 - RC Groups
Dec 15, 2017, 08:25 AM
here ya go!

(I love how this frame flys!!)

ImpulseRC REVERB frame FPV build video (19 min 36 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2017, 09:10 AM
And a lil’ reverb flyin for ya:

the reverb (3 min 1 sec)
Dec 15, 2017, 11:05 AM
Forward ever, backward never!
Sean, Chad, and all at ImpulseRC: Great to see the Reverb finally revealed! I'm sure you guys were as anxious as anybody to get it out in the open and available to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC
What I will say is that it's not a weak frame and it is definitely stiffer across the arms, which should directly transfer in to flight handling characteristics.
Fascinating note on stiffness. I watched Chad's explanation of the shorter arms with larger center plates with interest.

Quote:
It is actually already lighter than the Alien and that is with heavy steel hardware, we will introduce Aluminium kits and then it should be a fair bit lighter still. Obviously that comes at quite a cost over the steel though.
The trend is obviously towards lighter frames these days. So it will be interesting to see where the Reverb falls between traditional "bus" frames and "pure X" frames like the Helix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkrazy
Brian’s design lives on in mini version ������
Well put, Neil!

Speaking of which, could one of the test pilots or somebody at ImpulseRC take some side-by-side shots of the Alien and Reverb? That would be the best way for us to compare the two frame designs. Also, what is the diagonal motor-to-motor span of the 5" Reverb? And how does it compare to the 5" Alien's size? Inquiring minds want to know.
Dec 15, 2017, 11:09 AM
yeah
I read that the new pdb will work with kiss and BF. What about raceflight? Will osd and all that fun stuff work with RF
Dec 15, 2017, 01:23 PM
Will there be some landing gear foam pads for this frame?
Dec 15, 2017, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysohigh1
Will there be some landing gear foam pads for this frame?
Google's "foam landing pads"

See's link from Helipal...

I'm sure they're in the pack...the product images include them. I think I got a bag of around 50 or so from Amazon for $5...I still haven't used them all.
Dec 15, 2017, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse rc
both!! In fact it auto detects, so you just plug in your fc and if it's kiss it will just work and if it's bf it will just work
legends.
Dec 15, 2017, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notagolf
I read that the new pdb will work with kiss and BF. What about raceflight? Will osd and all that fun stuff work with RF
What about RF lol
Dec 15, 2017, 06:01 PM
I crush you
Well, subbing to this one. I'm sure I'll be flying one at some point soon. In the meantime, joining the train since this thread's probably going to make history too. Well done guys.
Dec 15, 2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Really hard to say to be honest, we and our pilots have put a lot of packs through it. We found a couple of weak spots and fixed them. What I have learned from experience is that until you get a few thousand frames out in to the wild it's not worth really comparing, different people with different flying styles in different locations can do things to a frame I personally would never have believed before launch

We will have to wait and see how they cope with trial by fire from a whole bunch of crazy FPV guys in real world scenarios.

What I will say is that it's not a weak frame and it is definitely stiffer across the arms, which should directly transfer in to flight handling characteristics. Whether they will be big enough to be noticeable or not you will have to decide for yourselves!

It is actually already lighter than the Alien and that is with heavy steel hardware, we will introduce Aluminium kits and then it should be a fair bit lighter still. Obviously that comes at quite a cost over the steel though.

It doesn't fit directly but one of our pilots managed to get one in there without too much trouble. We are actually working on a new PDB though, it's a completely new OSD architecture based on an STM32 instead of the old Arduino stuff. We are able to do a LOT more cool stuff with the new hardware but of course it means we have to rewrite a lot of the firmware because of the change of chips.
This must be the project that AWOLF78 hinted at. Can't wait to see it.
Dec 15, 2017, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Haha, afraid not mate. We have one frame that supports the HS1177 and Swift v1 and nothing else, and another frame that supports every other camera but not those two

You can actually carefully cut the nubs off the sides of the camera and then screw it in using the central screw hole, the only problem is there is no way to lock the angle with a second screw. So it can be made to fit but just not really a great solution.
Maybe a printed replacement camera back-plate with Swift-like mounting holes.
Dec 15, 2017, 06:51 PM
Team Warpsquad
Great to see all the positive feedback guys. I really hope you enjoy the new design and look forward to seeing what you guys do with it.
Dec 15, 2017, 08:52 PM
Will the new pdb be stackable with the Mercury FC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notagolf
Last edited by SirVenom; Dec 15, 2017 at 09:41 PM.
Dec 15, 2017, 09:09 PM
Team Warpsquad
Just a quick note about FPV camera compatibility. The intention was to design a camera mount that would accept as many of the standard size camera designs as possible so you were not locked into XXXX camera brand. I'm sure there has to be one or two types out there but I think we managed to make it work for 99% of the cameras out there. The original HS-1177 will even fit although there is no longer a way to lock it's angle as it does not have a second set of screw mounts to allow it. These cams are getting very long in the tooth these days anyway.

The only other camera that needs any modding to fit is the older Runcam cameras that have the wider "nubs" sticking out. For some reason Runcam decided to make their older cams wider than everyone else. These will still fit by cutting off the small "nubs" on the side of the case which is a 5 second job and then you are good to go. There will be a basic frame build video on the ImpulseRC YT channel shortly which includes how to cut the nubs off the older Runcam cams.
Dec 15, 2017, 09:33 PM
Holy snap I love the looks this frame. I think I finally found my next freestyle frame!!!!

Quick Reply