ImpulseRC Reverb Freestyle Frame - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 15, 2017, 01:13 AM
I really enjoy buying whatever you guys make and even with Chad in the team designing this, there is nothing more pleasing me .

I wish you came with the new PDB already. If I place my order now, I'm going to have to order the pdb seperately which costs another shipping price. Now I'm going to have to wait and see what kind of a PDB is coming up. And I hope it doesn't go out of stock by then.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2017, 01:28 AM
Krazy FPV
Brianís design lives on in mini version 👍👏👏
Dec 15, 2017, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkrazy
Brianís design lives on in mini version 👍👏👏
Not following... Who is Brian? Are you getting one KrazyFPV?
Dec 15, 2017, 01:39 AM
Highly recommend to watch this stellar video from Chad to anyone interested on the frame. Many if not all questions answered.

ImpulseRC Reverb (2 hr 35 min 37 sec)
Dec 15, 2017, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVenom
Not following... Who is Brian? Are you getting one KrazyFPV?
Brian = Soma
Dec 15, 2017, 02:14 AM
Sanka
Ordered 2! Gonna compare it with my regular alien
Dec 15, 2017, 03:19 AM
Will there be 5.5 inch arms in the future?
Dec 15, 2017, 04:50 AM
Novice Flying Machine Mechanic
Looks good.
I even plonked some money down for one, but I have some questions.

1) Can this fit a 5.5" prop?

2) Is there a way to use the ImpulseRC Go Pro plate - I think the Alien had some slots accross the top plate near the front for the camera plate strap to run through. I can't see anything similar on this frame, is there some provision made for that camera plate?

3) Oh yeah - is there provision for a polulu on the PDB?

Thanks
Last edited by 1337flite; Dec 15, 2017 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Added Q3)
Dec 15, 2017, 05:32 AM
When do you think we should expect the new PDB?

When do you think we can order the new upcoming lighter screw sets?

Thanks.
Dec 15, 2017, 05:53 AM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswood
Frame ordered!!

Aaaaaaand now we play the waiting game... (Any clues about the PDB? Kiss? BF? BOTH??)

You guys rock!
BOTH!! In fact it auto detects, so you just plug in your FC and if it's KISS it will just work and if it's BF it will just work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGPer
Hello,
Any plans of bringing out a 6" version?
Thanks
Yep, once we get our feet under us there will be 6" arms. Can't say when that will be exactly, but as soon as we can manage we will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337flite
Looks good.
I even plonked some money down for one, but I have some questions.

1) Can this fit a 5.5" prop?

2) Is there a way to use the ImpulseRC Go Pro plate - I think the Alien had some slots accross the top plate near the front for the camera plate strap to run through. I can't see anything similar on this frame, is there some provision made for that camera plate?

3) Oh yeah - is there provision for a polulu on the PDB?

Thanks
1) Sorry, it's super close but not quite. When we laid out the dimensions for this frame 5.5" props weren't even a thing so we missed out on that...

2) Again have to say that I'm sorry but it doesn't support that directly. We partnered with Brain3D to make a TPU Session mount and he also designed a couch style mount for us which he was kind enough to offer to give the file away for free. We will upload that and it can be downloaded and printed by anyone.

3) Third time unlucky This PDB is really just a base model. We are working hard on an updated design that has regulators and a whole bunch of other stuff built in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaintr

Thanks.
We have a few hand assembly boards in the air so far and they are working well. The main thing here is that with the change in architecture from Atmel to STM32 for the processor we need to do a lot of firmware work and that stuff takes time. We are working directly with Alex Wolf in porting his firmware and adding a bunch of new awesome features and a good friend is also helping out with making a cross platform GUI.

I would like to say very early next year, but that is if nothing goes wrong.
Dec 15, 2017, 05:55 AM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaintr

Thanks.
And also sorry, with the other screw packs, we will do it just as soon as we can, but might be a little while, we have a LOT of orders already and it's Christmas in about a week.

... and on that note, thanks so much to everyone for your support. Really hope you guys like the final product
Dec 15, 2017, 06:07 AM
Really nice job Impulse!!
I am in love with this new pretty frame! For me is the step in the correct direction for improve and upgrade our freestyle flights !
Yeahhhh!!!

New Impulse Reverb - El Verde FPV (1 min 46 sec)
Dec 15, 2017, 06:43 AM
Family, Work, FPV!
Ahhhhhhh, that new frame feeling!

Well done guys. Looks great, simple assembly, well thought out, great price! Can see this being more successful than the Alien.

Dec 15, 2017, 07:28 AM
Thanks for all the info Sean, Great work. Very promising things to come too.

Quick one: Is there a way to tightly secure a HS1177 like on the alien?
Dec 15, 2017, 07:49 AM
Warpsquid
Haha, afraid not mate. We have one frame that supports the HS1177 and Swift v1 and nothing else, and another frame that supports every other camera but not those two

You can actually carefully cut the nubs off the sides of the camera and then screw it in using the central screw hole, the only problem is there is no way to lock the angle with a second screw. So it can be made to fit but just not really a great solution.

Quick Reply