This thread is privately moderated by QuadMcFly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 14, 2017, 05:32 PM
I'd rather be flying
Thread OP
Discussion

Unoffical FrSky Horus X10 and X10S OpenTX Resource List

I recently purchased and set up an FrSky X10S, and while I've had very little trouble getting it going, there are a number of questions that have gone unanswered, and documentation and materials for the radio are scattered in many different locations. To prevent me from having to look up all of this every time I need to find something I will compile here the things I have found useful as well as give a place for others to ask technical questions regarding the setup and use of OpenTX on the radio. As I experiment and find out more information about the setup and maintenance of the radio I will post here and I would welcome the experiences of others as well. My application is primarily mini-quad use, so my resources will be primarily focused there, but I welcome input from other types of pilots and areas of the hobby as well.

Helpful Resources:

I will make a few requests of posters here:

1. Keep to the topic, and keep the questions and answers of a technical nature and free of drama and personal attacks or insults. I will delete posts that violate this.
2. Don't be afraid to ask questions! And conversely don't belittle people for asking questions. If you don't like the way someone asked a question, or you think they could have found the answer by searching, just don't reply and move on.
Last edited by QuadMcFly; Jul 19, 2018 at 12:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2018, 06:55 PM
why doesn't it ever just work?
I haven't setup a model using the Wizard since like 2.0. Back then, you picked a template to start with. I just tried to create my first model, and "airplane" was the only choice. I'm not sure what changed with the templates back in the day, but is there a way to get templates other than airplane?
Jan 17, 2018, 07:31 PM
I'd rather be flying
Thread OP
That's a good question, I'll see what I can find. I imported my models from my Q X7, so I didn't need to create new models, if I need a new one I just duplicate one of my existing models, so I don't need to go through the setup again.
Jan 17, 2018, 07:45 PM
why doesn't it ever just work?
That's what I may end up doing, but if I remember correctly, my taranis always struggled to get a connection via usb
May 18, 2018, 11:46 PM
Quadaholic
I have a spare Taranis and I loaded 2.2.1 RC2 (on 12-11-2017), then I went to setup a new model with the wizard, more than just plane. Seems weird the new X10s does not have this.

On my main Taranis (it will be 5yo in 2 months), it has ver 2.0.17 (from 2015) and I kinda don't want to update it, it has it has too many models to move and verify they all work, but at some time I guess I will have to do it.
May 19, 2018, 09:16 AM
I'd rather be flying
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
I have a spare Taranis and I loaded 2.2.1 RC2 (on 12-11-2017), then I went to setup a new model with the wizard, more than just plane. Seems weird the new X10s does not have this.

On my main Taranis (it will be 5yo in 2 months), it has ver 2.0.17 (from 2015) and I kinda don't want to update it, it has it has too many models to move and verify they all work, but at some time I guess I will have to do it.
Interesting, I never actually use the wizards for setup, I just copy my previous model and change the RX number, so I can't say I ever noticed that. Maybe they had to cut some features to make room for other stuff. Seems like an odd choice though.
Jun 03, 2018, 10:19 PM

Horus X10 - Open TX

How do I transfer my models from Tarnis X9D to the X10?
A quick tutorial will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Aug 31, 2018, 06:39 AM
OOOppps
Last edited by treborr; Aug 31, 2018 at 06:44 AM. Reason: picked the wrong quote
Aug 31, 2018, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWingman
I haven't setup a model using the Wizard since like 2.0. Back then, you picked a template to start with. I just tried to create my first model, and "airplane" was the only choice. I'm not sure what changed with the templates back in the day, but is there a way to get templates other than airplane?
I have just come across ths problem, I thought it was me messing up the opentx install I am not too good with computers anyway and I always mess up companion
Nov 17, 2018, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wester
How do I transfer my models from Tarnis X9D to the X10?
A quick tutorial will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
set up a radio profile under settings for an X9D which you must have
Then set one up for X10

under read/write read models and settings from radio... this brings up all your models... Then save it somewhere you want to store it
Then switch to x10 profile
open you file you saved for the x9d Presto
write models and settings to radio

you are done
when you do this it will tell you if something can't be imported... and what... (this happens more often when going from more expensive radio to less so you won't likely have it X9 to X10

if it does you Must fix by either deleting that model before saving. or fixing by changing the setting... IS 6 pos switch used on x10 the reference must be fixed before you can save to X9
Jun 16, 2019, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummaker
set up a radio profile under settings for an X9D which you must have
Then set one up for X10

under read/write read models and settings from radio... this brings up all your models... Then save it somewhere you want to store it
Then switch to x10 profile
open you file you saved for the x9d Presto
write models and settings to radio

you are done
when you do this it will tell you if something can't be imported... and what... (this happens more often when going from more expensive radio to less so you won't likely have it X9 to X10

if it does you Must fix by either deleting that model before saving. or fixing by changing the setting... IS 6 pos switch used on x10 the reference must be fixed before you can save to X9
I presume this works if the X9 was already running 2.2. In my case, my Taranis runs 2.0. To move the models to my new X10S, do I need to use companion to move 2.0->2.1->2.2 or can it be done in one step?

Quick Reply