This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 14, 2017, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Jeti REX Assist Rx 24/16 Stabilized, w/Wireless Forward Programming/Telem.

As some of you might know in past few days we have released brand new line of extremely capable Jeti REX Assist receivers with full integration and stabilization. Due to nature of the new product line and future-proof, extremely capable hardware we would like to open new discussion thread. We would like to simplify communication between us/pilots/users and Jeti engineers, all concerns, new ideas, observation... can be easily shared and should contribute to the Jeti universe.

They are many new future possibilities with the new Assist hardware, we can easily imagine
- Home return function, GPS enabled
- Constant angle of descend for large scale model
- Altitude hold, Vario

https://www.espritmodel.com/search.aspx?find=assist

to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2017, 03:57 PM
ordered and subscribed
Dec 15, 2017, 02:33 PM
do not get lead strip to act on rex assist 12, has enabled LED on channel 12

have these one : https://www.banggood.com/WS2812-5V-C...r_warehouse=CN

wrong type of led?

OK now .
but found out that the LED needs exactly 5v
I had 6v from RX and it did not work.
Last edited by tesa1; Dec 17, 2017 at 06:38 AM. Reason: solution
Dec 16, 2017, 06:36 PM
I'm new to Jeti but have my REX10A going into my CB200 (plus an RSat2 (UK)). Can't wait to try it. Playing with it in the living room seems to work! Unfortunately New Years Day is the only time I'll get to fly it until the Spring with our weather and flying site.

Hopefully by then I'll have either it worked out or there will be a Jeti USA visit on it!

Stevie
Dec 16, 2017, 08:10 PM
the new Assist has a thread going already. You should ask your questions over here.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ng-Telem/page3
Dec 17, 2017, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevies
I'm new to Jeti but have my REX10A going into my CB200 (plus an RSat2 (UK)). Can't wait to try it. Playing with it in the living room seems to work! Unfortunately New Years Day is the only time I'll get to fly it until the Spring with our weather and flying site.

Hopefully by then I'll have either it worked out or there will be a Jeti USA visit on it!

Stevie
Have you tested that it will actually switch to Rx2 on the CB200 by disabling the primary RF section in the Wireless menu ? I haven't tried this yet myself but from what I've been told, it wont when "Stabilize EX Bus" is enabled due to a firmware bug.
Dec 21, 2017, 03:28 PM
To be honest - no I haven't got looking at the project since. Hopefully get a chance to get her up and running over the holidays. Been badly tied up at home.

Stevie
Jan 26, 2018, 09:08 PM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
I just ordered a 12A. Should I purchase a matching MPX connector or just cut it off?
Jan 26, 2018, 11:18 PM
THAT'S WHY
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
I just ordered a 12A. Should I purchase a matching MPX connector or just cut it off?
This is what I'm Plugging into my 12A:
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-elec...ey-dsm-10.aspx
Jan 27, 2018, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
I use the stock MPX connectors and find them to be quite good. I also often use the DSM10 dual battery share / switch to power these receivers and they already come with a MPX connector on the output leads so it keeps things simple. Even it I didn't I think I'd probably still use the MPX connectors as they're more than adequate for the the job.

Wayne
Feb 02, 2018, 11:22 AM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
My 12A arrive along with a mating MPX connector. That should be mentioned on the site as to it being included.
Feb 03, 2018, 09:28 PM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
Why is my (loaner) DS-16 saying "Error. Device not recognized REX12A.bin, Line 1"?

UPDATE: just needed to push a new set of firmware to the Tx.
Last edited by davidbitton; Feb 03, 2018 at 10:17 PM.
Feb 05, 2018, 09:32 AM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
I did not get to fly yesterday; rain. The Assist needs two more bits of functionality. It needs PosHold (or Loiter) as well as RTH. If you could add those two things, then you essentially have a Naza M controller. Jeti already has a GPS module so it's a matter of cobbling together the firmware.
Feb 07, 2018, 09:20 AM
Not Insane
There are two threads, and the other one is the active one. Why two, I can't tell, but this one seems to be just hanging on. Here's the other one with over 260 posts.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...gramming-Telem

Quick Reply