Official: Jeti REX Assist Rx 24/16 Stabilized, w/Wireless Forward Programming/Telem.. - RC Groups
Dec 14, 2017, 10:12 AM
espritmodel.com
Discussion

Official: Jeti REX Assist Rx 24/16 Stabilized, w/Wireless Forward Programming/Telem..

As some of you might know in past few days we have released brand new line of extremely capable Jeti REX Assist receivers with full integration and stabilization. Due to nature of the new product line and future-proof, extremely capable hardware we would like to open new discussion thread. We would like to simplify communication between us/pilots/users and Jeti engineers, all concerns, new ideas, observation... can be easily shared and should contribute to the Jeti universe.

They are many new future possibilities with the new Assist hardware, we can easily imagine
- Home return function, GPS enabled
- Constant angle of descend for large scale model
- Altitude hold, Vario

https://www.espritmodel.com/search.aspx?find=assist

Duplex revolutionary, fully digital 2.4GHz, frequency hopping radio system is fully designed and manufactured by Jeti Model in the Czech Republic. We are excited to introduce two brand new lines of REX and REX Assist Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz Receivers with built-in revolutionary features: Internal Data Telemetry Logging (Black Box), Integrated Multi (3) Input/Output Telemetry & EX Bus Expander, and New 32 Bit Microprocessors (No limits for Future Firmware Upgrades). All Jeti receiver features wirelessly programmable failsafe and integrated digital telemetry (Rx Voltage, Signal Quality).

The REX Assist receivers enhance the REX series of receivers and extend it with the intelligent flight stabilization feature, which is designed for airplane models and multicopters. This stabilization works in all three axes of the model and facilitates flying in windy or otherwise challenging conditions. Aerobatic maneuvers will be more accurate and smoother. With the help of several flight modes, which are also suitable for beginner pilots, flying practice will be really easy.

New Jeti REX line of programmable receivers has been developed to take full advantage of multi-port (Ext, E1, E2), multi communication protocol (EX Bus, UDI 12/16, PPM) configuration and fully implement Duplex EX Bus (Device Manager) or third party devices that use EX Bus for telemetry and programming integration.

Features:
- Up to 16 Stabilized Individual Channels
- Different Multicopter Types, from Tricopters to Octocopters
- Up to 3 Adjustable Flight Modes, Options for Stabilizing the Horizon and Altitude
- In-flight Gyro Gain Tuning Using Available Channels
- Latest 3-axis Gyroscope, 3-Axis Accelerometer and Barometric Altimeter
- Support for External Ultrasonic Altimeter
- Support for LED Light Strip, and External Camera Gimbal
- Intelligent Fail-safe, and Vibration Analysis
- Wireless Transmitter programming and PC Support
- Available Telemetry: Rx Voltage, Signal Quality/Strength, G-Force, Attitude Orientation

The Airplane Settings Menu allows you to adjust gain and stick priority for all three axis directly from the transmitter. It also allows you to control stick priority which reduces gain at the extreme ends of travel by the amount that is entered.

In the Stabilization Settings Menu, you assign the three flight modes and make adjustments, individually, for all three including the damping mode, default gain and which channels are stabilized.

In the Advanced Properties Menu, you control the general settings like the output period, number of PPM channels, and whether or not to stabilize the EX Bus output. It is also here where you adjust the PID settings for the three axis.

Last edited by Esprit Model; Dec 14, 2017 at 11:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2017, 10:15 AM
espritmodel.com
Hold for future updates.

Zb/Esprit
Dec 14, 2017, 11:03 AM
Forever Tinkering w/ Stuff
HI,
I was reading the instructions of the Assist REX's. They indicate that TX firmware 4.24 is needed. I looked at Jeti and found that 4.24 is only available for DC-24. I have DS-14 w/ 4.23.
Will this work for me?
Dec 14, 2017, 11:06 AM
Forever Tinkering w/ Stuff
Hi there,
Will the REXA's work as good as a BD Cortex Pro? The CP works much better than AX3. I'd like to use the least amount of devices to get the results I want.
Dec 14, 2017, 11:06 AM
I have 2 Rex12A in route. Couple questions. I want to swap them out in models that currently have a Rex12 and a cortex. Can I just deleted the cortex setup under gyro and bind to the new Rex12A? Then do the assist setup? Or do I have to start from scratch with a clean setup?

Also anyone have one of these is a gasser yet. I have a g62 in a warbird I want to put one in.
Dec 14, 2017, 11:12 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
HI,
I was reading the instructions of the Assist REX's. They indicate that TX firmware 4.24 is needed. I looked at Jeti and found that 4.24 is only available for DC-24. I have DS-14 w/ 4.23.
Will this work for me?
Yes, I am using a DC16 with 4.23 and Assist and it works just fine.

Dick
Dec 14, 2017, 11:41 AM
Can anyone explain this to me its written in the manual.. in particular the line where it says

"increase the gain each time by
20% until the model starts to oscillate"

I get the bit about the oscillate... but which gain are they referring to? there seems to gain adj in a few places in the assist perhaps someone could simplify this.

This is the piece from the manual below..

Gain - This parameter determines the
proportional rate of model stabilization
in flight. If the model is insufficiently
stabilized, for example in wind gusts, increase the gain each time by
20% until the model starts to oscillate. Consequently, reduce your
value by 20%. Try the new settings at different flight speeds and
make sure that even at high speeds there are no oscillations.
Dec 14, 2017, 11:53 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by axaaxa
...........I get the bit about the oscillate... but which gain are they referring to? there seems to gain adj in a few places in the assist perhaps someone could simplify this..........
I believe they are talking about the screen in the attached screenshot from Device Explorer. I have reduced aileron gain here to stop oscillation at higher speeds.

You can also set up a "gain control" from the Tx to adjust gain in flight to help get the right settings quicker.

Dick
Dec 14, 2017, 12:09 PM

Flybarless helicopter

Hi ZB,

Do You think that Flybar less helicopter support will be added in the future on these receiver?
Dec 14, 2017, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickw
I believe they are talking about the screen in the attached screenshot from Device Explorer. I have reduced aileron gain here to stop oscillation at higher speeds.

You can also set up a "gain control" from the Tx to adjust gain in flight to help get the right settings quicker.

Dick
Thanks Dick.

I understand these adjustments your referring to, did you notice you can make an adjustment from 0 to 3000 (I think) in this screen on each axi, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something here and why the big range, I appriciated you may not have all the answers but I'd like if someone could explain.
Dec 14, 2017, 01:46 PM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steen_skybolt
Hi ZB,

Do You think that Flybar less helicopter support will be added in the future on these receiver?
Do not see any reason why not. That's the idea, hardware is ready.

Zb/Esprit
Dec 14, 2017, 03:10 PM
Wow... these are popular. I saw 35 of the Rex 10a's on the Esprit site last night... and they are sold out today. I was lucky enough to get one from AeroPanda, (sorry Zb) but I think they are sold out of the 10a's now also.

Can't wait to give this a try. I've had my Turbine Habu 32x sitting on the bench for a year now waiting on this RX. I even have some of the LED's to try out.

As with most of the other guys here... I'll give it a few tests in a smaller airframe, and start building my Habu over the winter. (Pittsburgh just got it's first real snow of the year last night)

I do have a question about the Assist. Since it's set up to fly a quad... is there any plans on adding a "Flybarless" system to it's software? That would be HUGE for the heli guys. (EDIT... I just noticed above that this question was asked)
Dec 14, 2017, 03:33 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Let the fun begin!

Where can I get the REX7A.bin and the REX7AEN.bin files? I've searched the Jeti website but can't seem to locate them.
Latest blog entry: Extreme Flight 91" Laser
Dec 14, 2017, 03:58 PM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas
Let the fun begin!

Where can I get the REX7A.bin and the REX7AEN.bin files? I've searched the Jeti website but can't seem to locate them.
Same place like always.

Jeti Transmitter Updates
Version 4.24 for DC/DS-24 and 4.23 DC/DS-16 and DC/DS-14 Transmitters

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx
Dec 14, 2017, 04:33 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Same place like always.

Jeti Transmitter Updates
Version 4.24 for DC/DS-24 and 4.23 DC/DS-16 and DC/DS-14 Transmitters

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx
So are the REX7A.bin and the REX7AEN.bin files automatically included in the DS-16 4.23 update? If so, then I should be good. I was under the impression that I had to find specific .bin files to add to my radio. No?
Latest blog entry: Extreme Flight 91" Laser

Quick Reply