Feb 12, 2018, 07:13 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
They are all built up wood models, should be quite light airframe, the 90mm Proctor is all built up and is very light.
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2019, 05:21 PM
An update to this old thread and great model.

At a recent flyin event there was a Viper120, owned by David Hobby, well known comp' flyer from Australia. He had one of the older Ramtecs in it, 9 blade with a neu motor, said it was running around 90 odd amps which would equate to 6.5-7kg thrust on 12 cells. The Viper flew superbly on this low power, wasn't fast but it was very stable and smooth in the air and still had an excellent climbout.

Now the interesting thing, the Ramtec dropped straight in! He reckons it was like the rails were made for it, and the intake duct slotted inside the ramtecs front step! Created a clean transition from duct to fan. Like it was designed for the fan from the beginning!

Bit of a fluke for sure, but it means you could drop my 11b or 12b ramtec with 800-73-590 motor and have a 12-14 cell setup with 8-10kg thrust. The model is a big floater on landing, was very impressive especially for the price.
Jul 01, 2019, 02:18 PM
Super Nice Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
An update to this old thread and great model.

At a recent flyin event there was a Viper120, owned by David Hobby, well known comp' flyer from Australia. He had one of the older Ramtecs in it, 9 blade with a neu motor, said it was running around 90 odd amps which would equate to 6.5-7kg thrust on 12 cells. The Viper flew superbly on this low power, wasn't fast but it was very stable and smooth in the air and still had an excellent climbout.

Now the interesting thing, the Ramtec dropped straight in! He reckons it was like the rails were made for it, and the intake duct slotted inside the ramtecs front step! Created a clean transition from duct to fan. Like it was designed for the fan from the beginning!

Bit of a fluke for sure, but it means you could drop my 11b or 12b ramtec with 800-73-590 motor and have a 12-14 cell setup with 8-10kg thrust. The model is a big floater on landing, was very impressive especially for the price.
Can you provide more details on the Viper 120? Are you referring to this Black Horse 120 version?

Thanks
Jul 01, 2019, 06:19 PM
Yes BH Viper! I wouldn't post up about a different brand or model in a specific thread
All the info I had on it I have posted, its a very straightforward built up model, typical BH goes together easily and with standard parts. All I know about the fan install is from David, don't have any more info as there was no time to sit down and open the model up to look.
Jul 19, 2019, 03:29 AM
Peter S.
Hello, here a flight of my Black Horse "Viper 120". This is my setup:

JetFan 120 Pro with HET Typhoon 800-73 / 590KV
12S / 6000mAh 45C; HV BEC
UniLight System; electr. brakes JP-Hobby 70mm
electr. retracts from Hobbyking (full aluminium, >12kg)
weight 8,2kg

Black Horse Viper Jet powered by JetFan 120 Pro (5 min 3 sec)

Peter
Aug 16, 2019, 09:01 PM
Well done Peter nice flying , very nice video .
Aug 16, 2019, 11:19 PM
Peter S.
Thank you!

Quick Reply