Jan 10, 2018, 05:32 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
KingKong 100 and 120...i heard great things!
Much better then Whoops
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2018, 10:43 PM
Looks like fun, but it would be nice if spare motors and props weren't back ordered
Jan 11, 2018, 01:05 AM
commit an act of aviation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixus
Looks like fun, but it would be nice if spare motors and props weren't back ordered
Its extremely popular, what can I say? I'm sure they will get caught up before too long and it won't be a problem. In the mean time I'm having fun!

Inductrix + racing after work at Horizon Hobby (3 min 15 sec)
Jan 12, 2018, 12:26 AM
Modeling Retread
What reasonable priced headset is good with glasses that would work with this system?
Latest blog entry: Prop Reamers
Jan 12, 2018, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
What reasonable priced headset is good with glasses that would work with this system?
Good with glasses is a difficult question, because everyone will have different needs. You may be able to fit within some box type systems with your glasses on, but I don't know of any conventional dual micro display type headsets that let you use your normals specs. You 'might' be able to see an adjustable box type single display headset... the Fatshark Transformer with the binocular viewer is a unique option with good optics, and I'm sure there are others too.

You can get basic dipoter sets for Fat Shark type headsets, and for more money you can get custom inserts made to your prescription to fit any standard Fat Shark type headset, so depending on your needs thats almost like another separate investment, but if thats what it takes at least there is a solution to fit your needs. You could also try to track down a headset with focus adjustment like the Cinemizer, that would let you dial in your focus, but those aren't made anymore and were very expensive.
Jan 13, 2018, 09:59 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3

Most proven are these two (2 budgets) with proven FPV video feed.
$189 FS Transformer SE (bifocals are very very tight)
and
$550 DJI GoggleRE
(and large bifocals will fit, i have them)

Im sure there are a lot of goggles inbtwn, but
no fuss no hassle are these two!

P.S.
back to topic, im still not convinced
about SpeKtrum Tx menu
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Feb 07, 2018, 02:46 AM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Firstly, the Quad. Mine gets lots of use. This is despite me having loads of Quads, inc 20 under 100mm.

I agree completely with the comment that this brushed quad is much more suitable for indoor use than the range of similarly sized brushless "alternatives". For once Blade seem to have achieved a good balance across the two main modes. As an experienced pilot (I damn well should be after 45 years at it, so no ego trip!!) and one who has trained in excess of 400 people to fly RC in the last decade, over 30 currently in process, personally I ignore the height management mode and in fact find it quite awkward, though I can see its application with novices to FPV, as height management IS the commonest issue they face in my experience.

Secondly, its name............ REALLY Blade? How confusing do you intend to make the naming of your range? Immediately there were some sellers using the right name and others reversing the last two words and writing Plus instead of using +. Try getting groups of 11-16 year olds to focus long enough to get their parents to get the right one despite passing links and pictures!!

Thirdly, its price. It is currently TOO MUCH MONEY in the UK. Your sales could be MUCH greater with a little more common sense in UK pricing.

OK, now on to Transmitters. I use almost daily a range including a DX9, two DX7 and a DX6i, a Taranis, Two Horus (one FrOS, the other OpenTX), a Futaba CG10 and two 6EX, and a FlySky FS-i6. The Horus have multi modules to run many formats. The 1st Gen Taranis has a Futaba FASST module (from many years ago). The DX9 is the ONLY one that has given trouble, but that is only a tendency to HR its SD card connection.

I'm currently running the quad on the DX9 and it does everything well enough, though from usage of both, I am confident that the flying experience would be improved by using a Horus, but then it should be, they are not similarly specc'd or priced.

Back to the Quad. On 550mAh MyLiPo.de cells I'm getting seven and a half minutes "race" type flight. At the end its near identical in performance as at the start. It tracks super smooth and so far I have not missed the ability to tweak PIDS etc like a Betaflight equipped machine.

Nice one Blade! Now please concentrate and break through the glass ceiling to get the 65mm one flying as well FPV!
Last edited by Bravedan; Feb 07, 2018 at 02:51 AM.
Feb 07, 2018, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravedan
Now please concentrate and break through the glass ceiling to get the 65mm one flying as well FPV!
Or get one of these now:

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-QX6...r_warehouse=CN

FrSky (or DSM) receiver, BF F3 board including OSD, 700 tvl camera with adjustable tilt. Mine will hopefully be arriving soon
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Feb 07, 2018, 06:55 PM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
I have one barely used for sale. Thought I'd like flying indoors but turns out I do all flying outdoors being in great weather year round in CA.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...V-BNF-like-new
Feb 18, 2018, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know if you can use a RC 832 receiver with the Inductrix FPV+?
Feb 27, 2018, 08:05 AM
@aaronredbaron
Don't shoot me, I'm hoping to upgrade to a Spektrum transmitter soon (once I can convince my wife), but I'm currently using an OrangeRX T-Six transmitter (with the 3-pos switch, great radio for the price, but there are definitely some quality issues).
With new Canadian laws against quads over 250 grams, and each quad in my fleet over that weight limit, I've been waiting for my Inductrix FPVPlus in the mail like a kid on Christmas Eve. When it arrived, I proceeded with the instructions from your manual, was able to bind it, but I can't arm the motors.

The T-Six's switches cannot be assigned a channel. I've got a 2-position switch (Gear) for Ch5 which is for mode on the quad (so I only get red and green, acro and altitude, im fine with that), and I've got a 3-position switch (Flaps) for CH6 which is to arm and meow mode.
I can change the mode on Ch5 (evident by the light on the back of the quad). I can't, however, seem to get it to arm. I've tried programming various end-points in the flap menu and I've tried reversing the channel on the tx, but neither do the trick. I know it should be a momentary switch, so I flip it there and back quickly.

Are my efforts in vein?
Does anyone know what the flap endpoints on a momentary switch should be to arm this quad? If you know the appropriate values between 1ms and 2ms of the PWM signal, let me kow!
My hobby is grounded until I can get these motors to spin
Feb 27, 2018, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegDog
@aaronredbaron
Don't shoot me, I'm hoping to upgrade to a Spektrum transmitter soon (once I can convince my wife), but I'm currently using an OrangeRX T-Six transmitter (with the 3-pos switch, great radio for the price, but there are definitely some quality issues).
With new Canadian laws against quads over 250 grams, and each quad in my fleet over that weight limit, I've been waiting for my Inductrix FPVPlus in the mail like a kid on Christmas Eve. When it arrived, I proceeded with the instructions from your manual, was able to bind it, but I can't arm the motors.

The T-Six's switches cannot be assigned a channel. I've got a 2-position switch (Gear) for Ch5 which is for mode on the quad (so I only get red and green, acro and altitude, im fine with that), and I've got a 3-position switch (Flaps) for CH6 which is to arm and meow mode.
I can change the mode on Ch5 (evident by the light on the back of the quad). I can't, however, seem to get it to arm. I've tried programming various end-points in the flap menu and I've tried reversing the channel on the tx, but neither do the trick. I know it should be a momentary switch, so I flip it there and back quickly.

Are my efforts in vein?
Does anyone know what the flap endpoints on a momentary switch should be to arm this quad? If you know the appropriate values between 1ms and 2ms of the PWM signal, let me kow!
My hobby is grounded until I can get these motors to spin
I hate to say it, but I really have no idea. Orange has never had access to Horizon's legitimate DSMX code, its always been based on something they created or found online (my guess is it was that thread on here -RCG- with that guy from Russia who figured it out... mostly...) its not perfect, and this could be one of those little things, I've never had my hands on that transmitter, but if you've tried everything in the manual it may just be something. I don't know why it wouldn't work, but I don't have any real help for you, sorry.
Feb 27, 2018, 09:09 AM
Uh Oh,
The ORX T-Six is only DSM2.
Is the FPV+ not reverse compatible? Is it only DSMX?
Feb 27, 2018, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegDog
Uh Oh,
The ORX T-Six is only DSM2.
Is the FPV+ not reverse compatible? Is it only DSMX?
should be DSM2 also... but again Orange never had the original code, and according to Andy they never did quite nail it
Feb 27, 2018, 07:48 PM
It works!
Just as I was about to give up..
1. power T-Six with flap switch in the lower position (-100 on the monitor)
2. plug in Inductrix fpv plus
3. push flap switch to upper position (+100 on the monitor) the quickly to middle position (0 on the monitor)
4. enjoy

I was flying through the kitchen in no time What a nice little drone

Quick Reply