Eachine EX1 Brushless Double GPS WIFI FPV With 1080P HD Camera Quadcopter Main Thread - Page 12 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 11, 2018, 06:56 AM
I just end my video review .... of this machine .... Pffff..... It's super hard to find at least one positive point ...... Ho yes I reached 350m with FPV... but was so so choppy...
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2018, 07:50 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
I just end my video review .... of this machine .... Pffff..... It's super hard to find at least one positive point ...... Ho yes I reached 350m with FPV... but was so so choppy...

Well, the leds look pretty lol

I think it would be a better idea to replace the WiFi system with a standard 5.8ghz transmitter and supply one of these instead for the end user.
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-ROTG02-UVC-OTG-5_8G-150CH-Dual-Antenna-Audio-FPV-Receiver-for-Android-Tablet-Smartphone-p-1242422.html

Jan 11, 2018, 08:16 AM
Quote:
That's not good i look forward to your video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Well, the leds look pretty lol

I think it would be a better idea to replace the WiFi system with a standard 5.8ghz transmitter and supply one of these instead for the end user.
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-ROTG02-UVC-OTG-5_8G-150CH-Dual-Antenna-Audio-FPV-Receiver-for-Android-Tablet-Smartphone-p-1242422.html

Have you taken your's out for a flight yet m8..............looks like they cut the price of the EX1 maybe there working on a V2?
Jan 11, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Only over the bed so far m8 its either been raining or like today again thick fog. I will try a night flight if it clears later but without working video it seems a bit pointless atm.
Jan 11, 2018, 11:51 AM
Eachine EX1 unboxing analysis and demo flight (Courtesy Banggood) (51 min 36 sec)
Jan 11, 2018, 04:58 PM
Quote:
WoW you have one crazy Quad there SeBy.............i just did a test and armed the motors with the App running 10 times without fail maybe you have the same problem as scousethief a bad wire on the gimbal?
Yes it is a pain that you have to land to return back into GPS mode maybe they did this because ALT hold,GPS and RTH are all on one switch which i do not like at all.
The camera is not the best plus the jello effect but as we know it is a easy to fix but we should not have to do this in the first place,if they do a little bit more work on this quad it could turn out to be really good.
Jan 11, 2018, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
WoW you have one crazy Quad there SeBy.............i just did a test and armed the motors with the App running 10 times without fail maybe you have the same problem as scousethief a bad wire on the gimbal?
Yes it is a pain that you have to land to return back into GPS mode maybe they did this because ALT hold,GPS and RTH are all on one switch which i do not like at all.
The camera is not the best plus the jello effect but as we know it is a easy to fix but we should not have to do this in the first place,if they do a little bit more work on this quad it could turn out to be really good.
Well .... for me for few bucks more, the H501A is far superior and advanced ... working flawless.....
I don't think I have a bad wire because as soon as I reboot the system, everything is working fine ..... Seems after 1 or 2min ... the machine can't be armed....
Jan 11, 2018, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Well .... for me for few bucks more, the H501A is far superior and advanced ... working flawless.....
I don't think I have a bad wire because as soon as I reboot the system, everything is working fine ..... Seems after 1 or 2min ... the machine can't be armed....
Yeah i noticed you rebooted everything that's why i tested mine with the App on to see if it would do the same thing but it did not
I don't have the H501A but from the videos i have seen yes it is far superior as you say.
Jan 12, 2018, 02:51 AM
My review is up: http://www.drone-maniac.com/test-eachine-ex1/
Jan 12, 2018, 08:14 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
I agree with SeBy , unfortunately the GPS and camera on this one is very bad , i nearly left mine in the field.

It recorded for 11 minutes and produced a 200mb file , my Xperia which has a real 1080p camera recorded for 10 minutes and produced a 1.6GB file so somebody is telling porkies.
Jan 12, 2018, 11:43 AM
Quote:
I agree with SeBy , unfortunately the GPS and camera on this one is very bad , i nearly left mine in the field.

It recorded for 11 minutes and produced a 200mb file , my Xperia which has a real 1080p camera recorded for 10 minutes and produced a 1.6GB file so somebody is telling porkies.
I agree with both of you about the camera and GPS but i had no where near the amout of problems you guys had with wifi connection and arming the quad.
Jan 12, 2018, 12:42 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Arming is ok now that i have reflowed , well , most of the connections ( just to be safe ) but it is a quirky little thing.

Not a very good video , up close response to sticks was very good , change the camera to a CCD and add a 5.8 module and you would have a nice trainer, but out at distance there were a few points were it basically did what it wanted to rather than what it was told and RTH was dicey , it overshot my position both times and both times i had to manually bring it down so not a very good experience over all, however i will of course try again.

You will have to turn the volume down or my voice will put you to sleep , the sun ( or lack of) is right in front of me at approx 1 oclock position which affects the video on both devices but you can seriously see the difference between the Sony camera and the Eachine one ( expected of course ) even so the quads camera is exceptionally washed out and lacks detail , the frame rate difference is a Pal/Ntsc thing i think.

Eachine ex1 (13 min 34 sec)
Jan 12, 2018, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Arming is ok now that i have reflowed , well , most of the connections ( just to be safe ) but it is a quirky little thing.

Not a very good video , up close response to sticks was very good , change the camera to a CCD and add a 5.8 module and you would have a nice trainer, but out at distance there were a few points were it basically did what it wanted to rather than what it was told and RTH was dicey , it overshot my position both times and both times i had to manually bring it down so not a very good experience over all, however i will of course try again.

You will have to turn the volume down or my voice will put you to sleep , the sun ( or lack of) is right in front of me at approx 1 oclock position which affects the video on both devices but you can seriously see the difference between the Sony camera and the Eachine one ( expected of course ) even so the quads camera is exceptionally washed out and lacks detail , the frame rate difference is a Pal/Ntsc thing i think.

https://youtu.be/ybZoAoqCjuk

The EX1 is really giving you a bad time even dropping out the sky!!!!.........i will take the EX1 out again when i feel better to show you more of how mine behaves.
Jan 13, 2018, 07:08 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Unfortunately it is , the drop at the end was instigated by me , i really had no other option than to kill its power by locking its motors. At the end of the video when its LVC beeps it starts to return home but it overshoots so i have to move it forwards and then start to bring it down manually, as im bringing it down it decides to start wobbling and then starts moving forward and climbing so rather than risk it running away i power it down. The battery monitor reported 12% left if i remember correctly.

As i said i will try again, it may be teething troubles or a glitch but i think there are other underlying issues causing the problems.
Jan 13, 2018, 07:46 AM
My EX1 ... is already parked into his box ....

Quick Reply