Nov 18, 2004, 11:04 AM
Thread OP

NEW Comp-ARF Extra 2x2

Here is a look at the new Composite-ARF Extra 2x2.

http://www.composite-arf.com/ar/Product?611000
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2004, 01:43 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Went to the site and saw this in the description of the model

And besides of that: Composite-ARF has gained great experience in electric powered flight, and wants to share it with you by presenting the perfectly tailored electric conversion kit for the Extra 2x2.

I couldn't find what the conversion kit entailed.

Kelvin
Nov 18, 2004, 02:31 PM
Yeah....just like they were going to provide the front mount and backplate for the C50 in the Impact.....

I would take their word on electric conversion kits about as far as I can hand launch Honeycutt's Extra....

So far....their idea of electric conversion means you can scratch design composite motor mounts for compound curve fiberglass fuselages........ no thanks....

It's a shame.....they have some nice planes.....I wish they really would take an interest in making planes that DON'T have to be "converted".
Last edited by Jeff Meyers; Nov 18, 2004 at 02:33 PM.
Nov 18, 2004, 05:43 PM
Convert!
what, the don't simply have a flat firewall?

Rhett
Nov 18, 2004, 05:57 PM
TeamZiering
*drool*
Nov 18, 2004, 07:11 PM
Forgot how to fly
I agree Jeff. I have looked at many of the Composite planes and it is way too much work to put into it scratching a mounting config for it. However, that does not stop me from drooling over the plane itself.

-Mike
Nov 18, 2004, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroback
what, the don't simply have a flat firewall?

Rhett
Do a search on the Impact...
Nov 18, 2004, 09:29 PM

firewall

Heres the mounting method one and E powered Impact.
Nov 19, 2004, 12:42 AM
YEA! That does'nt look hard to make; I'l just put that on my CNC Carbon Grafite Waterjet cutting machine! Fast Fly
Nov 19, 2004, 12:51 AM
That carbon in the front of the plane is just the modified stock firewall with a piece of 1/8th inch Aircraft ply for the motor support.
Nov 19, 2004, 01:19 AM
Convert!
not to overly rude or critical, but I think anyone with enough knowledge and skills to fly one of these decently should be able to figure out a mount. one idea that seems easy to be would instead of having one of those rear triangle mounts, simply drill and mount a normal piece of hard wood, and then use something like a metal e mount from espritmodel.com. or, simply bolt the motor on the front, and build some other support structure without all the super duper rubber grommets. I don't know about you, but I'm no Jason S. just becuase he did it the best way doesn't meet I can't settle for decent.

Rhett
Nov 19, 2004, 01:48 AM
I think we're comparing apples to oranges. The Composite ARF scale aerobats are like all other scale aerobats -- they have a box firewall. It's not that big a deal, unlike a pattern plane which has a variety of mounting setups and problems with compound curves.

Frankly, they make really nice planes at very attractive prices for what you get.

- Kyle
Nov 19, 2004, 01:53 AM
Convert!
good point.

Rhett
Nov 19, 2004, 08:30 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I can't understand why nobody makes a mount for electric motors that would allow them to be bolted up to a standard glow engine mount. All it would need to be is a simple 2 piece clamshell with some mounting ears on it.......simple.

Wiz

Quick Reply