FrSky Free Test - R9 Slim Competition Grade Receiver - RC Groups
Dec 12, 2017, 04:58 AM
FrSky-MKT
New Product

FrSky Free Test - R9 Slim Competition Grade Receiver

Hello everyone,

Today we released the new product - R9 Slim.

Lower Latency! The Best Compatibility! Excellent Choice for The Racing Pilots!

We're glad here to invite the pilots to test this product and give us the feedback. Just leave your detail information here if you have time to help us review the product.
We will contact the testers if you are chosen. Look forward to your feedback!

Name: R9 Slim-01.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 971.9 KB
Description:

Specifications
  • Dimension: 30*13.437*5mm (L W H)
  • Weight: 3.2g
  • Number of Channels: 6 channels (conventional channel outputs)
  • Operating Voltage Range: DC 3.5V~10V
  • Operating Current: 100mA@5V
  • Operating Range: up to 10km or above
  • Compatibility: R9M module

Features
  • 900MHZ (Non-EU Version)/ 868MHZ(EU Version)
  • Small and conveniently setup
  • Low latency and high precision
  • Support redundancy function
  • Smart Port enabled and support telemetry data transmission
  • Battery voltage detection
  • With RSSI PWM output

Product Link: https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/r9-slim/
Last edited by AndreaHuang; Dec 17, 2017 at 09:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2017, 05:28 AM
When will there be a XM+ like R9 receiver released?
Dec 12, 2017, 05:54 AM
FJH
FJH
Disappointing design!!! Obviously not targeted to be used as backup/satellite receiver.
Dec 12, 2017, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
Disappointing design!!! Obviously not targeted to be used as backup/satellite receiver.
No, that is why i asked above FrSky said earlier that they never intended to use the system as a backup. That would be the only reason for me (and many more )
Dec 12, 2017, 06:18 AM
FJH
FJH
++++1

I have told FrSky that many, many times but it seems that the decision takers do not listen and have a very limited perspective view of what really can and will be the market for the R9 system. Very, very disappointing ... but the future quite limited selling numbers will tell them ...
Dec 12, 2017, 06:57 AM
Maybe not. I will use the R9 system as a backup in big planes only. I currently have 2x X8R and 1 RX8R and only connect them through SBUS...... so a R9 slim will be an easy replacement for one X8R. I just used these because i like the pcb antenna's.
Dec 12, 2017, 07:19 AM
FJH
FJH
The target is clearly the quadcopter community, no other and not at all the interested community of big plane pilots. This receiver is even completely unsuitable for use in an expensive glider. As standalone it has too little PWM channels and as satellite/backup Rx it is to big sized.

I planned to buy several of it but this one I will not.
Dec 12, 2017, 07:27 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
The target is clearly the quadcopter community, no other and not at all the interested community of big plane pilots. This receiver is even completely unsuitable for use in an expensive glider. As standalone it has too little PWM channels and as satellite/backup Rx it is to big sized.

I planned to buy several of it but this one I will not.
This isn't a PWM receiver at all, so I'm not sure what you were expecting. This is the receiver that the largest community of LR users have been begging for.

It's the R9 systems equivalent of the R-XSR (just like the R9 is an equivalent to the RX8R). You can certainly use this in a large glider, it's the ideal primary receiver for a RB or PowerBox, and is also completely usable as a secondary (You're not going to see an XM+ sized R9 receiver, the radio section is inherently larger than a 2.4GHz system). It's 16ch outside the EU, or 16ch in non-telemetry mode in the EU (the issue there is silly EU regs, not FrSky's design)

The R9 system only has 2 receivers, which currently cover the most use cases. I expect to see a smaller RX that's non-telemetry soon enough.
Dec 12, 2017, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
This isn't a PWM receiver at all, so I'm not sure what you were expecting. This is the receiver that the largest community of LR users have been begging for.

It's the R9 systems equivalent of the R-XSR (just like the R9 is an equivalent to the RX8R). You can certainly use this in a large glider, it's the ideal primary receiver for a RB or PowerBox, and is also completely usable as a secondary (You're not going to see an XM+ sized R9 receiver, the radio section is inherently larger than a 2.4GHz system). It's 16ch outside the EU, or 16ch in non-telemetry mode in the EU (the issue there is silly EU regs, not FrSky's design)

The R9 system only has 2 receivers, which currently cover the most use cases. I expect to see a smaller RX that's non-telemetry soon enough.
The specs mention 6 PWM channels.... the label also says 6 channel...... So why do you think this is not a PWM receiver?
Dec 12, 2017, 08:00 AM
I would love to test one of these in a pylon racer, size, range and low latency can make it a winner!

Rudi

Edit: I am already using the R9M module with R9 in gliders and large scale war birds for redundancy as well as in long range FPV drones (commercial).
Last edited by Rudix; Dec 12, 2017 at 09:15 AM.
Dec 12, 2017, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
And your point is? There is more to RC than gliders and backup RX's, this RX is targeting a very specific market and I am sure it will be well accepted in that market!

Rudi
Dec 12, 2017, 08:21 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
The specs mention 6 PWM channels.... the label also says 6 channel...... So why do you think this is not a PWM receiver?
Because I made the mistake that many will make. Got the R9S and the R9 Slim mixed up.
Dec 13, 2017, 02:51 AM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJH
Having slept over my first view, maybe I was impulsively too quick and wrong and I should revise my first judgement ...... Although advertised as long range low latency racing receiver with 6-channel PWM output it will be worth testing it as satellite/backup link receiver in combination with an RB and G-RX8R.
Dec 13, 2017, 08:01 AM
I would also like to test it in a big glider in combination with a RB and an G-RX8R, because I `ve sometimes low signal in big distance
Norbert
Dec 13, 2017, 11:41 AM
Where can I go to purchase one of these. this is what I have been waiting for. for my mini quad or i would love to test one
Last edited by jmanikis77; Dec 13, 2017 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply