Micro stang - RC Groups
Dec 11, 2017, 10:35 PM
Build Log

Micro stang

So I shrunk my 3dlabprint mustang down to a 24" span a few test prints later I have 3/4 of the fuse printed. Here is a pic with the 1806 I am going to use in it.
Last edited by saltcitytattoo; Dec 15, 2017 at 05:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2017, 08:16 AM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
She will probably like to be fast.
Please post a flight vid!

I like the strip lighting on your printer.
Dec 13, 2017, 12:37 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Neato, I will keep on eye on the development happening here.
I like the idea of smaller designs but weight is a real issue...but flying it faster will have to suffice for the time being.
thanks for sharing and keep up the work with pics/vids
Dec 13, 2017, 02:49 PM
i was concerned about weight as well but it is actually coming out quite light so the standard nose is 49 gr+- this micro is 12gr if this holds true for the entire build i should have a dry weight of 169gr so if my math is correct i should be in the 32 to 36gr per dm2. we will see when she flies for sure
Dec 14, 2017, 08:54 AM
Got the left side wing printed 29.1gr and the weight for the fuse so far is 30gr
Dec 14, 2017, 09:37 AM
FDF - Front Door Flyer
100 grams for the whole print! Sounds interesting.

Have you weighted the rc gear?

What material are you using for the print?
Dec 14, 2017, 10:40 AM
I recently bought 3DLP's Mustang that is smallest 3DLP plane. Actually I'm looking for more smaller 3D printed plane that also fly fast. I'm looking like Rarebear type plane (Hobbyking one).

If this size will fly I will scale down mine.

Btw, how do you scale down from the original model? From what motor will be used?
Dec 14, 2017, 11:27 AM
i have simplify3d worth the money in time it has saved me. it is just a click away to scale in your slicer but then the tricky part you'll want to change the thickness of the printed wall or you will have a very heavy plane. i am using a 1806 motor i think if i would have done 70 to 75% scale i could have used a 2205.
Dec 15, 2017, 06:34 AM
I'm using S3D at the moment and works great.

Can't not wait for your maiden video.
Dec 15, 2017, 09:56 AM
got the right wing printed out it is identical to the left 29.1 grams. just have the color section to print then assemble
Dec 15, 2017, 12:37 PM
FDF - Front Door Flyer
saltcitytattoo:

Have you tweaked the processes to avoid showing the inner structure in the out side of the skin?

If so, would you share the s3d processes? IŽd like to do a scale down on the Mig-15 to make it usable for a 64mm fan.
Dec 15, 2017, 01:28 PM
yes i did i will have to check my setting later today to remind myself what i did. and if this works out i am doing the piper next
Dec 15, 2017, 01:31 PM
FDF - Front Door Flyer
The edge would be a good one for this because it has a very space structure at 100% scale it wonŽt be heavy in a smaller size.

Thanks you for checking the stang profiles.
Dec 19, 2017, 02:48 PM
So I have been using a .4 nozzle and changing my extrusion width. Well all the larger parts seam to have printed good but the ailerons and elevator I have been having issues with getting a complete skin I think I am at the point that I need a smaller nozzle. So hopefully it shows up soon and I can give that a shot.
Dec 19, 2017, 03:43 PM
FDF - Front Door Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltcitytattoo
So I have been using a .4 nozzle and changing my extrusion width. Well all the larger parts seam to have printed good but the ailerons and elevator I have been having issues with getting a complete skin I think I am at the point that I need a smaller nozzle. So hopefully it shows up soon and I can give that a shot.
OK, thanks for the input. While ago I ordered a .25 and a .15 to try to make smaller planes but never tested, maybe its time

Quick Reply