Dec 10, 2017, 11:11 AM
Yvan
Thread OP
Cool

ECX 1/24 Barrage 4WD Scaler Rock Crawler RTR

1/24 Barrage 4WD Scaler Rock Crawler RTR, Blue (ECX00017T2)
1/24 Barrage 4WD Scaler Rock Crawler RTR, Orange (ECX00017T1)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/barrage...rtr-ecx00017t2
https://www.horizonhobby.com/barrage...rtr-ecx00017t1

The 4x4 Barrage 1/24 Scaler from ECX features true-to-scale looks and realistic details, officially licensed Falken Wildpeak MT tires and integrated LED lights brings adventure anywhere.

ECX 1/24 RTR 4wd Barrage Scaler (2 min 36 sec)

I preorder December 9th this small, 4x4 Barrage 1/24 Scaler.

For the winter months when I can not fly with planes and well I will ride with the mini truck at warm at home.

A Christmas presents for me from me! It's funny. Yvan

Manuals
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ultracart/i...8gm4zh36Vf0%3D

What’s in the box?

(1) 1/24 4WD ECX Barrage Scaler Truck RTR
(1) ECX 2.4Ghz Transmitter
(1) 4.8V 220mAh NiMH Battery
(1) USB Charger
(4) AA Batteries
(1) User Manual
1/24 Barrage Scaler Truck RTR

Specs:

pproximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
Batteries: 4.8V 220mAh NiMH Pack (Included)
Body: Cab with Scale Cage
Bushing Material: Metal
Charger: USB (Included)
Chassis: Ladder Frame
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
Differential: Locked
Drivetrain: 4WD
Front Track: 4in (102mm)
Ground Clearance: 0.5in (13mm)
Height: 4in (102mm)
Length: 9in (229mm)
Motor Size: 050
Motor Type: Brushed
Painted or Clear Bodies: Painted
Pinion: 12T
Radio: ECX 2.4GHz 2-Channel (Included)
Rear Track: 4in (102mm)
Servos: Yes
Shock Type: Spring Loaded
Size/Scale: 1/10
Speed Control: Yes
Spur Gear: 64T
Suspension: Multi-Link Solid Axle
Tire Diameter: 1.8in (46mm)
Tire Tread: Mud Terrain
Vehicle Type: 4WD “Scale” Rock Crawler
Water-Resistant: Yes
Weight: 0.5lb (0.2kg)
Wheel Diameter: 1in (25.4mm)
Wheel Type: Black 8 Spoke
Wheel Width: 0.6in (15mm)
Wheelbase: 4.8in (121mm)
Width: 4in (102mm)
Last edited by MysTiC27; Dec 10, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2017, 06:48 PM
Yvan
Thread OP
The Barrage, in the Axial Honcho design!
I really liked the Honcho design.
It is a small crawler that will be ideal for the home and the backyard.
Yvan
Dec 10, 2017, 07:37 PM
I’m liking on this RC, too.
Dec 10, 2017, 10:15 PM
Yvan
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight
I’m liking on this RC, too.
The small ECX Barrage is really interesting for the price.
Easy to have spare parts and make changes to improve it.
The scale of the truck is beautiful!
Yvan
Last edited by MysTiC27; Dec 10, 2017 at 10:21 PM.
Dec 10, 2017, 11:01 PM
Yvan
Thread OP
1/24 Scale 4WD Scale Barrage with incredible model realism, Falken Wildpeak MT tires licensed, a Truggy rear hoop and LED lighting.

This tire is known for supporting rocks, mud, sand and anything you may have to face.
Dec 21, 2017, 09:12 AM
I've got the HSP/RGT version coming. What battery options are there? 1s? 2s? What would be the best option for longer run times?

Thanks,
MP
Dec 21, 2017, 10:19 AM

ECX 1/24 Barrage 4WD Scaler Rock Crawler RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongolPete
I've got the HSP/RGT version coming. What battery options are there? 1s? 2s? What would be the best option for longer run times?

Thanks,
MP
Where did you order from?

2s lipo would be the best option I think. If the ESC dies you’ll have to go a different route then. But I don’t think a 1s will have enough power. 250-350mAh should be plenty for 15 minute run times. I use a cheap balance charger for drones for my small lipo batteries. No sense in using a big charger.
Dec 21, 2017, 06:18 PM
Yvan
Thread OP
Quote:

Thanks,
MP
I will receive it soon. If it can roll for 15 to 20 minutes would be fine.
Ok with 2S, but you have to set an alarm for your battery. !!!

I bought the ECX 1/18 Temper Rock Crawler two weeks ago and I installed a brushed ESC Hobbywing QuicRun 60A.
I use (2000 mAh 25C 2S) and can work 2 hours.

I really like, the scale of 1/24 and 1/18. They are perfect to go anywhere. Yvan
Dec 21, 2017, 09:49 PM
Hi Brake Weight,

I am more interested in not killing the ESC than I am in having enough power. I am just after longer run times, so I will look around for higher mah packs that will work, lipo or nimh. I ordered mine from AsiaTees https://www.asiatees.com/display?Mis...=All&id=147326. It was $94. They have increased the price to $99 and both red and yellow are currently out of stock.

Yuan,

I was looking at the 1/18 to run with my 1/12 Barrage, and I may still go with one, but for nearly the same $$, the Redcat Everest 10 is worth a look as a nice crawler, even if a bit larger.

Cheers,
MP
Dec 22, 2017, 06:00 PM
Yvan
Thread OP
MongolPete

I just received parts today for the ECX 1/18 Temper.
Front / Rear Hub Set Aluminum
Steering Spindle Aluminum
Linkage servo
9KG Servo, WP, Metal Center Case, 23T
I'm going to show it tonight and post photos.

I still have to receive the (Servo Mount) for the rear steering!
With a 2000 mAh 2S battery, I can play with 2 hours of time.

I received a battery for the 1/24 Barrage.
4.8V 220mAh NiMH Pack: (DYNB0007)
Yvan
Dec 23, 2017, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
MongolPete

I just received parts today for the ECX 1/18 Temper.
Front / Rear Hub Set Aluminum
Steering Spindle Aluminum
Linkage servo
9KG Servo, WP, Metal Center Case, 23T
I'm going to show it tonight and post photos.

I still have to receive the (Servo Mount) for the rear steering!
With a 2000 mAh 2S battery, I can play with 2 hours of time.

I received a battery for the 1/24 Barrage.
4.8V 220mAh NiMH Pack: (DYNB0007)
Yvan
Hello Yvan,

I'm after a second battery pack for the 1/24 RGT Adventurer, but I am looking for a nimh pack that has higher mAh. There are 1800mAh packs on ebay, for example, but I am not sure yet which micro connector I would need to get. I think I could just get some Losi micro connectors and solder them to those higher 4.8v nimh packs for much longer run times, but I'm not sure. This is my first micro RC.

Merry Christmas,
MP
Dec 23, 2017, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Hello Yvan,

I'm after a second battery pack for the 1/24 RGT Adventurer, but I am looking for a nimh pack that has higher mAh. There are 1800mAh packs on ebay, for example, but I am not sure yet which micro connector I would need to get. I think I could just get some Losi micro connectors and solder them to those higher 4.8v nimh packs for much longer run times, but I'm not sure. This is my first micro RC.

Merry Christmas,
MP
found this looks like the correct connector... BUT it looks like they have the polarity backwards in the plug like you will need to pop the wires out of the connector and reverse them so there the same way as the stock battery is wired or it will blow out everything if you dont do it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaoneng-GNB...UAAOSw8apZfjr~
Dec 23, 2017, 02:46 PM
Yvan
Thread OP
Quote:
Hello Yvan,

Merry Christmas,
MP
Excuse me!
I finished my ECX 1/18 Temper.
I did not have time last night to check for the batteire of the micro-connector the 1/24 Barrage.
Check tonight!

I will work problem with the 2S!
I have several 2S batteries from 280 to 2000 mAh at home.
The batteries 2S 450 mAh 20C, should be fine. She is small.

I am not worried about the ESC in 2S.
It's only the batterie that I have to watch that is not completely unload.
Merry Christmas! Yvan
Last edited by MysTiC27; Dec 23, 2017 at 02:59 PM.
Dec 23, 2017, 07:11 PM
Yvan
Thread OP
MongolPete

I do not have Micro Losi, but you're right it's the same connector, I think!
It is easy to change the connector for another option.

Example only!
7.4V 250mAh 20C 2S LiPo: Micro Rally, SCT (DYNB0001)
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...cro-rally--sct -dynb0001

Here are some pictures of ECX 1/18 Temper.
It remains to receive the servo mount for the rear steering.
I installed the Quicrun 1060 in 2S.
I like it a lot and crawl really well.
Thanks Yvan
Last edited by MysTiC27; Dec 23, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
Dec 25, 2017, 09:53 AM

Upgrades Incoming!

Thanks reptile and great Temper Yvan. I have ordered some mods for our 1/24 RGT Adventurer (ECX Barrage).

1. A guy from a Facebook micro crawler group recommended this 20A ESC from China https://www.ebay.com/itm/20A-Brushed...72.m2749.l2649 It will allow me to run the stock Nimh as well as the 2s lipo I have ordered. I really prefer to have a separate ESC/RX, so I can run the little sound system in it.

2. My experience with Venom chargers and batteries has been very good so far, so when I saw that they have a micro lipo with the correct connector, I went for it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. This will sit on the stock battery tray and be held in place with those elastic bands. I think a tiny truck with realistic engine sounds will be super funny, and cool! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 One of the main reasons I want a separate ESC and receiver is so I can have a sound system.

4. I ordered this to fast charge up that Venom 2s lipo with my Venom PRODUOhttps://www.horizonhobby.com/products/DYNC0127

5. This ECX receiver is a little bit of a question mark because I am not 100% certain that it will bind with the transmitter that is included with the little RGT https://www.horizonhobby.com/products/ECX13003 I really hope it will, and I think I'll be okay, because this RX binds with the TX that comes with the ECX Amp, which seems to be this exact TX. Fingers crossed! Worse comes to worst, I will order a Flysky TX/RX for it, but I think they will bind.

Not a bad little rig for the money I think. I might try the lower pinion mod reptile did later, but I hope it will be fun like this for a while.

Peace,
MP

Quick Reply