Mar 16, 2018, 12:44 PM
There oil filled forks also I can't find any forums on this bike or the mars bike.wish bikes would get more popular in the states..still can't believe I bought this bike for 110.00 dollars rtr I feel like I stole it
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2018, 02:59 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6
There oil filled forks also I can't find any forums on this bike or the mars bike.wish bikes would get more popular in the states..still can't believe I bought this bike for 110.00 dollars rtr I feel like I stole it
Hey yamar6, I just got one of my 390's running a few minutes ago. Yup no oil in the forks, I took them partially apart after running half a battery just to see if they were oil filled. Pretty sure we can eliminate some of the front end hopping by finding some softer springs, or even shortening the spring in one fork leg 2 or 3 mm to start. There is no pre-load on the stock springs so that indicates to me (at least, lol) that the spring rate is just a bit stiff. There's stuff we can do to help the front end I'm sure. The rear is hopping too, (the wheel is heavy so the unsprung weight is a factor) but the rear shock is oil damped, and it is a bit over sprung too, but at least there's prolly more than a few fixes for the rear. Other than that the bike is amazingly good handling and the fit and finish is sweet. The gyro spins silently and forever, which is what you want in a mechanical gyro. One thing I noticed about the gyro is that the gyro clutch seems like it stays engaged too long and when you slow the rear wheel down the gyro slows down too, until the gyro clutch shoes disengage and allows the gyro to free spin from that point. This may be part of the plan and designed to allow quicker steering at slow speeds. Mechanical gyro's are always a compromise ( and tunable ). All in all this is a great little bike, especially if ya picked them up on HK's big sale like we did! (3 of em). Even the $Buck Eighty Two isn't over paying for this nice little bike!
Mar 16, 2018, 06:15 PM
Thanks topdave who ever has this bike we need start up with this forum.it sucks I can't use my bike cause it's way to cold.
Mar 16, 2018, 08:17 PM
GPV forks and front wheel mount up pretty easy .
Mar 27, 2018, 11:39 PM
I had a race last sunday. Happy with my 1/8 bike without front brake and without brushless motor. And with the rtr radio.
On the wet I had the gyro but on dry the optional wheel is better.
The big problem was the tires. On Rear the HK soft slick is good and for the front I had made an adaptation with the very soft GRP tire: may show pics if you want.
Mar 28, 2018, 03:43 PM

Pour mettre du GRP à l'avant c'est facile, on utilise 3 des 6 trous du moyeux, à 120°, après avoir légèrement agrandi les 3 trous du plastique GRP pour que les 3 vis soient vissées bien droit.

Le pneu AR GRP soft est bien plus performant que les pneus Mars/HK. Mais il faut pouvoir adapter le moyeux AR:

Very good GRP tires easy for the front and may be do for the rear
Mar 28, 2018, 04:51 PM
Nice looking bike.
Mar 28, 2018, 06:50 PM
zen
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalain
Le pneu AR GRP soft est bien plus performant que les pneus Mars/HK. Mais il faut pouvoir adapter le moyeux AR:

Very good GRP tires easy for the front and may be do for the rear

Looks good!

I have that option wheel too! they are great!
Mar 30, 2018, 04:21 AM
Which hubs are you using to fit the GRP wheel/tyre ?
Mar 30, 2018, 06:42 AM
For the front I used the same HK hub with 3 screws. For now I don't Know How to do because the hub does not fit into the wheel. I just have ordered a Rear carbon spok (5€) and I'm waiting to see if it may Help me...
Apr 01, 2018, 02:15 AM
Registered user of WHAT

Battery information

Hi lalain, Your bike is looking great and nice paint on the 3 body sets, and thanks for the information about the GRP tires. I see that you have a turnigy nano-tech battery that looks to be a 2000mAh, would you tell me the "C" rating, and is it a 2S or 3S battery? I have to wait for HK to restock the 1/8 HKM-390 so i want to buy the batterys now. Also do you like the slightly heavier battery over the Recommended: 1 x 1300mAh 7.4V/2S 25C Lipo Battery, does it change the handling of the bike?

Thank you for your time and help,
Darris
Apr 01, 2018, 02:43 AM
One time I tried with a 3s lipo. Electronic is OK but the brushed motor does not like it ! If you want more power for this size the combo brushless are only 40 USD I think.
I have 2 HKM-390 bikes and both were delivered without battery.
For my first race I used 2 nano-tech battery 2s 2000mAh 20C.
I think the battery weight is not important if you keep the gyro but with the lightly optional rear Wheel I think 2000mA is better as 1300mA, or maybe you'll have to add some weight.
Have fun
Apr 01, 2018, 04:22 AM
Registered user of WHAT
Thank you lalain, thats a big help sir.
Darris
Apr 03, 2018, 12:44 PM
Registered user of WHAT

If you want one like I do?

Dyllan, Apr 3, 08:05 EDT:
Hello Darris,

Thank you for contacting HobbyKing support team!

We should have more stock of the 1/8 HKM-390 On-Road Racing Motorcycle (Brushed) RTR in about 4-6 weeks.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Have a pleasant day!
Regards,

Dyllan
HobbyKing Support Team
Apr 06, 2018, 02:13 PM
Registered user of WHAT

Replacing the Gyro

lalain, this is what you need to change out the gyro. You can order it from. Asiatees or Holeshot hobbies. the part is made under the X-rider "Mars"
name but it's 100% the same bike.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?X-R...=recommend-int

https://www.holeshothobbies.com.au/p...non-gyro-wheel

I hope this helps,
~D

Quick Reply