Binding Spektrum to XPS - RC Groups
Dec 09, 2017, 10:26 PM
Help!

Binding Spektrum to XPS

I am having a hell-of-time getting the Spektrum sat rec to bind using the X-10.
It appears to bind, transmitter it is bound. But shut off and restart nothing works.
The manual(???) is very skimp, parts are in one section and other parts scattered
somewhere else. I am at wits end. Can anyone help with a procedure an old man
can follow and understand???
John
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2017, 11:25 PM
Not to worry.......Jim will be along shortly to fix.....
Dec 10, 2017, 01:32 AM
There is nothing magical. You just have to hold the button on power-up to put the Spektrum receiver into binding mode. Then put your transmitter into binding mode. That's it.

Did you remember to set the input mode for the X10+ to be Spektrum?
Dec 10, 2017, 12:27 PM
Yep.............This too much for an old man so I'm selling lot's of XPS stuff.
John
Dec 10, 2017, 01:22 PM
What model Spektrum transmitter and what model Spektrum satellite receiver are you using? We have had nobody report any issues with Spektrum stuff used with the X10+. Are you using either a voltage adapter (or mod to the X10+ board) for the Spektrum satellite receiver? This is discussed in detail on page 13 of the manual.

When you turn on the Spektrum transmitter and power up the Spektrum satellite receiver, does the LED on the satellite receiver come on?
Dec 10, 2017, 02:16 PM
Using Spektrum Sat # 9645 (from 8 channel rx). Turn on X-10 with switch depressed, Sat blinks, X-10 lights yellow(I think).
Using DX8g2 Tx, says it binds DSM2 1024 22ms. Turn off. Turn on Tx, then Rx-X10 blinks RED with no action from Sat.
Tried HK sat ,Lemon sat, Hyperion sat. All do the same. Tried two different X-10, same . Third one will not
go to to white in section 4 mode7.
Dec 10, 2017, 05:50 PM
Guess what asking for is a step by step procedure that an old F#%T can understand and remember.
Got the attention span of a 2 yr old!!!!
Dec 10, 2017, 08:05 PM
If you turn on the power to the transmitter and satellite reciever, and the satellite receiver's LED does not come on it means that they did not bind. You might try a different binding mode for the satellite receiver. The X10+ is never going to work if the bind is not completing.

If you don't have a white option in the X10+ it's because it has older firmware.

You are doing everything correctly it seems. I am not sure why the Spektrum system is not actually binding.

Quick Reply